Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
One photograph of Geno C. Baroni (1930-1984) Catholic civil rights priest, active in the social movement of the 1960s and 1970s. Photo taken in July 1973.
Correspondence, clippings, and related records of this church, established in 1915 to serve the Italian American community of St. Paul. Originals and photocopies. The materials center particularly on the church's golden anniversary in December 1965, and include items on the history of the church and the settlement of Italians in the city.
The Italians in Chicago collection consists of 113 transcripts and 7 video tape cassettes of oral histories of Chicago area Italian Americans. The video tapes include an interview with Egidio Clemente and scenes from a Melrose Park Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Feast, ca. 1920s.
Anniversary booklets, clippings, programs regarding the Misericordia Society (Societa di Mutuo Soccorso Maria SS. Della Misericordia). Included is also information pertaining to Caesare Avigni, long ttime editor of "Il Pensiero", an Italian American newspaper published in St. Louis since 1904. (Avigni wrote about the Society in "Il Pensiero" in 1945.)
- Italian 3
- Religious life 3
- Baroni, Geno 1
- Fraternal organizations 1
- Holy Redeemer Church (Saint Paul, Minn.) 1
- Italian Americans -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Employment. 1
- Italian Americans -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Personal narratives. 1
- Italian Americans -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Religious life and customs. 1
- Italian Americans -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Social life and customs. 1
- Neighborhood -- Illinois -- Chicago. 1
- Social services 1
- Urban life 1 ∧ less
- English 2
- Multiple languages 2
- University of Illinois at Chicago Circle. History Department. 1