Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Two copies of the play "Misiska" by Aili R. Bell in Finnish and in English (translated by Richard A. Impola). The play, depicting the immigration and remigration of a Finnish woman, is set in Rock Springs, WyomingY in 1908 and in Savo, Finland in the 1930s.
Papers (1876-1950) of Hilda Simons consists of a typed manuscript (photocopy) autobiography dealing with her family's history in Finland and Brule, Wisconsin. Includes a photograph of Hilda Kauppinen Ronkainen Simons (1980s?).
Records (1923-1972) of the Naisyhdistys Pyrkija, Brooklyn, New York, are largely made up of minutes. Also included are two printed pamphlets giving the history of the organization until 1953 and a copy of Suomen Saveltajia Kudentoista Vuosisadan Ajalta (Suho Ranta, ed.).
Records (1930-1969) of the Northern States Cooperative Guilds and Clubs, Superior, Wis. include scrapbooks; notebooks relating to publications; receipt ledgers; financial records; newsletters; minutes; membership lists; correspondence; and by-laws.
Papers of Velma (Hakkila) Doby (1923-2019) consist of materials on Finnish Americans and Finnish American life. Included are newspaper clippings concerning Finnish American scholars and also articles written by e.g. Michael Karni and Carl Ross; clippings concerning Finntowns, notorious Finnish Americans and Finnish Americans in general. Collection contains Velma Doby's thesis including her English translation of an autobiography by the Finnish American poet Helmi Mattson.
Records (1952-1975) of the Virginia, Minnesota Women's Co-op Guild include two scrapbooks of the organization's activities and of the Virginia area people and events, many of them Finnish related. Also included is a dues and membership notebook and a file of correspondnece concerning the summer camp program sponsored by the organization.
- Finnish American women 2
- Bell, Aili R. 1
- Camps 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Cooperative societies -- Minnesota -- Virginia. 1
- Cooperative societies -- Wisconsin -- Superior. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Finnish American women -- Minnesota -- Virginia -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish American women -- New York (N.Y.) -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish American women -- Societies and clubs. 1
- Finnish American women -- Wisconsin -- Brule. 1
- Finnish American women -- Wisconsin -- Superior -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish Americans -- History 1
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- Virginia -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Wisconsin -- Superior -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Wisconsin. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Wyoming -- Rock Springs 1
- Finnish theater 1
- Friendly societies -- New York -- Brooklyn. 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- Finnish 2
- Multiple languages 1
- Doby, Velma M. 1
- FinnFest USA 1
- Mattson, Helmi Dagmar, 1890-1974 1
- Minnesota Finnish-American Historical Society. 1
- Minnesota Genealogical Society. Finnish Genealogy Section. 1