Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Two copies of the play "Misiska" by Aili R. Bell in Finnish and in English (translated by Richard A. Impola). The play, depicting the immigration and remigration of a Finnish woman, is set in Rock Springs, WyomingY in 1908 and in Savo, Finland in the 1930s.
Papers (1876-1950) of Hilda Simons consists of a typed manuscript (photocopy) autobiography dealing with her family's history in Finland and Brule, Wisconsin. Includes a photograph of Hilda Kauppinen Ronkainen Simons (1980s?).
Records (1930-1969) of the Northern States Cooperative Guilds and Clubs, Superior, Wis. include scrapbooks; notebooks relating to publications; receipt ledgers; financial records; newsletters; minutes; membership lists; correspondence; and by-laws.
Safira (Oksanen) Kallio was born in Finland on April 12, 1894 and emigrated to the United States in 1913. She served as a local correspondent from Owen, Wisconsin for the Finnish American newspaper "Minnesotan Uutiset" (later, "Amerikan Uutiset"). Much of her poetry was published in the newspaper.
Papers (n.d.) of Sofia Salmi consist of a notebook containing poetry and drawings.
Papers of Velma (Hakkila) Doby (1923-2019) consist of materials on Finnish Americans and Finnish American life. Included are newspaper clippings concerning Finnish American scholars and also articles written by e.g. Michael Karni and Carl Ross; clippings concerning Finntowns, notorious Finnish Americans and Finnish Americans in general. Collection contains Velma Doby's thesis including her English translation of an autobiography by the Finnish American poet Helmi Mattson.
Records (1952-1975) of the Virginia, Minnesota Women's Co-op Guild include two scrapbooks of the organization's activities and of the Virginia area people and events, many of them Finnish related. Also included is a dues and membership notebook and a file of correspondnece concerning the summer camp program sponsored by the organization.
- Finnish American poets. 2
- Finnish American women 2
- Finnish Americans 2
- Women poets. 2
- Actors. 1
- Bell, Aili R. 1
- Camps 1
- Clippings (Books, newspapers, etc.) 1
- Cooperative societies -- Minnesota -- Virginia. 1
- Cooperative societies -- Wisconsin -- Superior. 1
- Correspondence. 1
- Finnish American women -- Minnesota -- Virginia -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish American women -- Societies and clubs. 1
- Finnish American women -- Wisconsin -- Brule. 1
- Finnish American women -- Wisconsin -- Superior -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish Americans -- California -- Reedley -- Charities. 1
- Finnish Americans -- California -- Reedley -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish Americans -- California -- Reedley. 1
- Finnish Americans -- History 1
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota -- Virginia -- Societies, etc. 1 ∧ less
- English 4
- Finnish 3
- Multiple languages 3
- Doby, Velma M. 1
- FinnFest USA 1
- Kallio, Safira Oksanen, 1894-1982 1
- Mattson, Helmi Dagmar, 1890-1974 1
- Minnesota Finnish-American Historical Society. 1