Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 47
Records (1925-1959) of the America-Italy Society, a cultural organization, include minutes; correspondence; financial records; brochures; photographs; and corporate documents. Series include information regarding the Italy-America Society's dissolution and correspondence of founder Luigi Criscuolo. Also included is correspondence of Ellsworth Bunker; Thomas McKittrick; John Astor and Clare Booth Luce.
Records (1969-1981) of the American Arabic Association, a cultural and charitable organization, consist mainly of program announcements for meetings.
Papers (1923-1935) of Americo Susi, an Italian-American laborer from Introdacqua, A'quila, Italy, consist of his membership booklets for "Club Introdacquese" (Youngstown, Ohio) and "Societa Italiana di M.S. Generale Gustave Fara" (Sharpsville, Pennsylvania).
Records (1981-1983) of the Arba Sicula Society, a Sicilian American cultural organization, consist of correspondence; publications; newspaper clippings; and miscellany.
Papers of Felix Forte include biographical sketches, a speech entitled "What Makes America Tick," and 1947 convention materials from the Order Sons of Italy in America, including a telegram from President Truman.
Papers (1927-1972) of Fred A. Ossanna, an Italian American lawyer active in various Italian American organizations, consist largely of material pertaining to UNICO, a social and civic organization, and to the National Italian American Civic League. Photographs are included.
The Geno and Lou Donato Order Sons of Italy in America collection includes Supreme Lodge correpsondence (1981-1987), minutes of Indiana Grand Council meetings (1979-1984), and some Grand Lodge correspondence.
Papers (1901-1923) of Gino Speranza, an Italian American lawyer from New York City include correspondence relating to the Society for Protection of Italian Immigrants, reports, speeches, clippings, and statistics on Italian immigrants. Speranza served as secretary of the Society.
Records (1938-1969) of the Italian Actors Union (New York, New York), a branch of the Associated Actors and Artistes of America, comprise constitution and by-laws, membership lists, correspondence, scripts, speeches and essays concerning Italian theater in New York, contracts, memoranda, financial records, materials pertaining to the Italian Recreation Center (New York), and, on microfilm only, the minutes of the Executive Council (1939-1963).
Collection consists of tape-recorded oral history interviews of over 150 Italian Americans from Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Interviews cover a broad range of topics including mining a work, business, Italian organizations, women, folklore, farming, and community life. Some of the informants are from Northern Wisconsin (especially Hurley) and southern Ontario, Canada (especially Sault Ste. Marie).
The John Ottaviano Jr. Order Sons of Italy in America collection consists of OSIA Supreme Convention reports, committee reports, correspondence, legal and financial records, and correspondence with lodges in Alabama, Connecticut, Florida, Indiana, Massachusetts, Northwest, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Rhode Island. Ottaviano was National President of OSIA (1961-1965).
The Joseph Cernuto Order Sons of Italy in America collection (1929-1967) consists of Supreme Convention books (1939-1967), a copy of the General Laws of the Order (1931), Pennsylvania Grand Convention books (1929-1957), miscellaneous Pennsylvania Grand Lodge testimonial dinner programs, the program for the dedication of the building for Loggia Nuova Camillo Benso Di Cavour No. 874 (Mt. Pleasant, Pa.) (1948), and newspaper clippings.
- Earthquakes -- Italy 5
- Italian American newspapers. 5
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- Societies, etc. 5
- Italian Americans -- Charities. 4
- Italian Americans -- Massachusetts -- Societies, etc. 4
- Anti-fascist movements -- United States. 3
- Columbus Day. 3
- Disaster relief -- Italy. 3
- Italian Americans -- Delaware -- Societies, etc. 3
- Italian Americans -- Illinois -- Societies, etc. 3
- Italian Americans -- Indiana -- Societies, etc. 3
- Italian Americans -- Maryland -- Societies, etc. 3
- Lawyers. 3
- Ethnological museums and collections. 2
- Insurance, Fraternal -- Massachusetts. 2
- Italian American labor leaders. 2
- Italian Americans -- California -- Societies, etc. 2
- Italian Americans -- Connecticut -- Societies, etc. 2
- Italian Americans -- Florida -- Societies, etc. 2 + ∧ less
- Multiple languages 29
- English 16
- Italian 6
- Ambrosino, Simone J. 1
- American Arabic Association. 1
- American Committee on Italian Migration. Chicago Chapter (Ill.). 1
- Arba Sicula, Inc. 1
- Ascoli, Max, 1898-1978 1
- Avara, S. Joseph 1
- Broccolino, Arnold. 1
- Caira, Aldo A. 1
- Celli, Fred. 1
- Cernuto, Joseph, 1898-1973 1
- D'Agostino, Paul A., 1901-1966 1
- Della Noce, Frank, 1894- 1
- Di Silvestro, Giovanni M., 1879-1958 1
- Donato, Geno. 1
- Errigo, Joseph A. L. 1
- Falco, Josephine M. 1
- Fornari, Harry D. 1
- Forte, Felix. 1
- Gay, Peter B. 1
- Italian Actors Union (New York, N.Y.). 1 + ∧ less