Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Abstract Correspondence, speeches, minutes, and other papers of James F. Bunting, primarily from the period during which he served as Executive Director of the National Council and National Board of the YMCA from 1964 until his retirement from the Y in 1971. Much of the material documents the process underway at the time to restructure the national headquarters and the efforts to address racial discrimination and other inequities within the movement. The collection also includes manuscript drafts of a...
Dates: 1958-1975; Majority of material found in 1964-1971
Abstract Papers documenting the YMCA career of Jesse N. Alexander, Jr., particularly his work in the area of race relations within the movement and his involvement with the National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Staff (BAN-WYS).
Dates: 1961-1998, 2014; Majority of material found in ( 1969-1982).
Abstract Papers of Leo Bergman Marsh, YMCA National Board staff member and leader, documenting his career in the YMCA, which spanned the years from 1928 to 1976. The bulk of the papers concern his extensive work promoting improved race relations within the movement.
Dates: 1920-1979; Majority of material found in ( 1959-1969).
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- African Americans -- Segregation. 2
- African Americans -- Social conditions 2
- Civil rights workers. 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 2
- Race discrimination. 1
- Race relations -- Religious aspects 1
- Segregation -- Law and legislation -- United States. 1
- Young Men's Christian associations 1 ∧ less
- Alexander, Jesse N. 1
- Bunting, James F. 1
- Marsh, Leo B. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Commission on Interracial Policies and Program. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Committee on Interracial Advance. 1