Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Reports, correspondence, and other records documenting various committees, programs, and conferences intended to monitor and promote the process of integration and the elimination of racial inequality within the YMCA, as well as to identify and address the unmet needs of African American and other non-white people served by the organization.
Abstract Papers documenting the YMCA career of Jesse N. Alexander, Jr., particularly his work in the area of race relations within the movement and his involvement with the National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Staff (BAN-WYS).
Dates: 1961-1998, 2014; Majority of material found in ( 1969-1982).
Abstract Papers of Leo Bergman Marsh, YMCA National Board staff member and leader, documenting his career in the YMCA, which spanned the years from 1928 to 1976. The bulk of the papers concern his extensive work promoting improved race relations within the movement.
Dates: 1920-1979; Majority of material found in ( 1959-1969).
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, program proposals, area and population studies, financial documents, pamphlets, maps, newspaper articles and other records of the North American YMCA’s urban work, focusing on topics including race relations and institutional inequality, youth services and outreach, prevention of drug use and crime, war work and war affected persons, human services programs, varying social conditions in the city, experimental programs, and the integration of international...
Dates: 1929-2004; Majority of material found within ( 1950s-1970s)
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- African Americans -- Segregation. 3
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 3
- Civil rights workers. 2
- Race relations -- Religious aspects 2
- Social work with African Americans. 2
- United States -- Race relations 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 2
- Affirmative action programs -- United States. 1
- African Americans -- Societies, etc. 1
- Discrimination in employment -- United States. 1
- Drug abuse -- Prevention 1
- National Consultation on Interracial Work of the YMCA (1954: Columbus, Ohio). 1
- Pay equity -- United STates. 1
- Race discrimination. 1
- Race relations -- United States. 1
- Segregation -- Law and legislation -- United States. 1
- Urban policy -- United States. 1
- Urban youth -- United States. 1 ∧ less
- National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Laymen and Staff 3
- Alexander, Jesse N. 2
- Marsh, Leo B. 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Committee on Interracial Advance. 2
- Commission on Interracial Practices and Program. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Commission on Interracial Policies and Program. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. National Board Chairman's Committee on Interracial Advance. 1
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 1
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America. National Task Force on the YMCA in Black Communities. 1
- National Study Commission on Interracial Practices. 1
- United States. Civil Rights Act of 1964. 1
- YMCA of the USA 1
- YMCA of the USA. North American Urban Group. 1
- YMCA of the USA. Urban Action and Program Division. 1 ∧ less