Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract Collected brochures, clippings, branch publications and reports from the Carlton YMCA branch in Brooklyn..
Abstract Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Abstract Reports, correspondence, publications, and other records of the Colored Work Department and predecessor programs, established as avenues for African American participation in and service to the YMCA.
Abstract Collected materials from the African American Harlem Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York. This collection covers governance and public programming with special attention to the Black Achievers program, which honors African Americans who distinguish themselves from their peers in a positive way.
Dates: 1910-2014; Majority of material found within ( 1928-1989)
Abstract Collected photographic images from the Harlem Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York, located on West 135th Street in Manhattan.
Dates: 1940s-1990s.; Majority of material found within ( 1940s-1960s)
Abstract Reports, correspondence, and other records documenting various committees, programs, and conferences intended to monitor and promote the process of integration and the elimination of racial inequality within the YMCA, as well as to identify and address the unmet needs of African American and other non-white people served by the organization.
Abstract Papers documenting the YMCA career of Jesse N. Alexander, Jr., particularly his work in the area of race relations within the movement and his involvement with the National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Staff (BAN-WYS).
Dates: 1961-1998, 2014; Majority of material found in ( 1969-1982).
Abstract Papers of Leo Bergman Marsh, YMCA National Board staff member and leader, documenting his career in the YMCA, which spanned the years from 1928 to 1976. The bulk of the papers concern his extensive work promoting improved race relations within the movement.
Dates: 1920-1979; Majority of material found in ( 1959-1969).
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, program proposals, area and population studies, financial documents, pamphlets, maps, newspaper articles and other records of the North American YMCA’s urban work, focusing on topics including race relations and institutional inequality, youth services and outreach, prevention of drug use and crime, war work and war affected persons, human services programs, varying social conditions in the city, experimental programs, and the integration of international...
Dates: 1929-2004; Majority of material found within ( 1950s-1970s)
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 8
- Race relations -- Religious aspects 5
- African Americans -- Segregation. 4
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 3
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) 3
- Social work with African Americans. 3
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 3
- African Americans -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- African Americans -- Societies, etc. 2
- Brochures 2
- Civil rights workers. 2
- United States -- Race relations 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Affirmative action programs -- United States. 1
- African American soldiers -- France. 1
- African Americans -- Employment 1
- African Americans -- Organizations -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- African Americans -- Sports 1
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) 1 ∧ less
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 4
- National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Laymen and Staff 3
- Alexander, Jesse N. 2
- Harlem Branch YMCA 2
- Marsh, Leo B. 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Committee on Interracial Advance. 2
- Tobias, Channing Heggie, 1882-1961 2
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990. 1
- Baker, Walter, photographer. 1
- Brooklyn Young Men's Christian Association 1
- Brooklyn and Queens YMCA. Carlton Avenue Branch 1
- Bullock, Charles H., 1875-1950. 1
- Campanella, Roy, 1921-. 1
- Chisholm, Shirley, 1924-2005. 1
- Commission on Interracial Cooperation. 1
- Commission on Interracial Practices and Program. 1
- Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America 1
- General Education Board (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Hansen, Austin, 1910-1996. 1
- Hunton, William Alphaeus, 1863-1916 1 ∧ less