Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Literary manuscript (1950-1975) of Anthony Sorrentino consists of two photocopied drafts of "It's An Inside Job," the story of a project to prevent juvenile delinquency and crime in Chicago's neighborhoods. One manuscript dates from 1950, the other from 1975 when it was being readied for publication.
Records (1931-1935) of the Greek Community Council (kinotis) of Marysville, Calif., a local community group, consist of a ledger showing dues, donations, expenditures, and other financial records.
Collection contains tapes and transcripts from a series of oral history interview projects.
The records trace the program and policies of the settlement, and include miscellaneous papers of Edward Corsi, long-time executive director of the settlement. Also in the collection are records of the East Harlem Civic Association, founded in 1956.
The Lower East Side Neighborhoods Association (LENA) was founded in 1955 by a group of social agencies, civic organizations, churches, and individuals on New York City's Lower East Side. The Association worked to combat juvenile delinquency and, later, to improve housing, recreation, and health facilities in the neighborhood. Included are board and committee records, financial records, and correspondence of the executive director.
The Paul L. Benjamin papers reflect his interest in the family, the profession of social work, leisure, and relief measures during the depression.
In addition to the records of the board of directors and executive officers, the collection contains material documenting the organization's program activities, which included child care, Head Start, community food and nutrition, community development, education, employment, energy conservation, multi-service centers, and services for senior citizens.
Included are records related to the overall development and operations of the United Way organization; minutes of various boards and committees; program files formed around functional activities, studies, relationships, and topical reference materials; files on member agencies, formed primarily around the budget allocation process; and scrapbooks.
The collection contains Violet Sieder's speeches and articles, as well as her reference files. The papers reflect her interests in community organization and planning, volunteers in community and social services, and her academic career.
- Subject: Community organization X
- Collecting Area
- Social Welfare History Archives 9
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 2
- Community organization 5
- Volunteers 2
- Chicago Area Project 1
- Community development 1
- Community development -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Community organization -- Minnesota -- Ramsey County 1
- Community organization -- New York (State) -- New York -- History. 1
- Community organization -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Community organization -- New York (state) -- New York -- History -- Sources. 1
- Community organization -- United States 1
- Day care centers 1
- Day care of children 1
- Family services -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis. 1
- Family services. 1
- Greek American community organization -- California -- Marysville. 1
- Greek Americans -- California -- Marysville -- Societies, etc. 1
- Greek Americans -- California -- Marysville. 1
- Group work 1
- Health care 1
- Housing -- New York (State) -- New York 1 ∧ less
- English 10
- Multiple languages 1
- American Association of Social Workers 2
- Lower East Side Neighborhoods Association 2
- Beck, Bertram M. 1
- Benjamin, Paul L. (Paul Lyman) 1
- Boyte, Harry C., 1945- 1
- Buell, Bradley 1
- Center for Democracy and Citizenship (Minneapolis, Minn.) 1
- Cigar Makers' International Union of America 1
- Community Chests and Councils of America 1
- Corsi, Edward, 1896-1965. 1
- East Harlem Civic Association 1
- Greek Community Council of Marysville (Calif.) 1
- Haarlem House 1
- Hall, Helen, 1892-1982 1
- Henry Street Settlement (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Hubert H. Humphrey Institute of Public Affairs 1
- La Guardia Memorial House 1
- Mobilization for Youth 1
- Ramsey Action Programs, Inc. (Ramsey County, Minn.) 1
- Ramsey County Citizen's Committee for Economic Opportunity (Minn.) 1 ∧ less