Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The collection contains the records of the Burroughs Corporation, and its predecessors the American Arithmometer Company and Burroughs Adding Machine Company. Materials include corporate records, photographs, films and video tapes, scrapbooks, papers of employees and records of companies acquired by Burroughs.
This collection is divided into two series based on subject content and physical size. The Biography Files series includes folders on many employees at Burroughs. While a great majority of the employees represented were executives, there are also a few folders of workers from the early days of the company, including William S. Burroughs. The Oversized Files series consists mostly of William S. Burroughs' patents.
Collection consists of articles and manuscripts discussing different aspects of American Arithmometer Company, Burroughs Adding Machine Company, and Burroughs Corporation history.
Collection of black and white prints, negatives, color prints, photocopies, tear sheets, correspondence, memoranda, special newspapers, transparencies, and advertising samples selected from the various image collections by the Burroughs Archives staff.
- Computer industry 3
- Office equipment and supplies industry 2
- Photographs 2
- Accounting machines. 1
- Banks and banking -- Automation. 1
- Bookkeeping machines. 1
- Business records. 1
- Calculators 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer industry -- Pictorial works. 1
- Computers 1
- Computers -- History. 1
- Computers -- Pictorial works. 1
- Computers -- Research. 1
- Executives. 1
- Industries -- Michigan -- Detroit. 1
- Motion pictures 1
- Office equipment and supplies industry -- Pictorial works 1
- Video recordings 1 + ∧ less
- Burroughs, William Seward, 1858?-1898 2
- Acme Carbon and Ribbon Company. 1
- Balbik Systems, Ltd. 1
- Boyer, Joseph 1
- Charles R. Hadley Company 1