Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
The collection contains the records of the Burroughs Corporation, and its predecessors the American Arithmometer Company and Burroughs Adding Machine Company. Materials include corporate records, photographs, films and video tapes, scrapbooks, papers of employees and records of companies acquired by Burroughs.
Burroughs Corporation advertised from almost the very beginning of their business. The advertisements in the collection cover many decades and often reflect many of the societal attitudes of the time.
Series contains ledger books dating 1909-1926 and annual reports dating 1966-1974 from the Burroughs Corporation's British subsidiary, Burroughs Machines, Ltd.
Collection contains brochures concerning the company's cooperative education program, about different locations in the United States and other countries, recruitment, and different company divisions.
Collection consists of articles and manuscripts discussing different aspects of American Arithmometer Company, Burroughs Adding Machine Company, and Burroughs Corporation history.
The mechanical library was essentially a set of service books that described each machine. There were variations like instruction books, symbol lists, shop tool lists, and feature prints (blueprints). These were kept by the patent department. The way Burroughs identified different machines changed over the years, and sometimes included a style #, a class #, a series #, or any combination of these.
The Pasinski family papers include material from Walter J. and Arthur Michael Pasinski, a father and son who worked in the Engineering Department at Burroughs.
Collection consists mainly of external correspondence relating to questions on company policy. The index is arranged chronologically by date of letter or memo, and lists a phrase or sentence to describe the correspondence.
Series contains survey reports of the accounting and data processing industry.
Collection of black and white prints, negatives, color prints, photocopies, tear sheets, correspondence, memoranda, special newspapers, transparencies, and advertising samples selected from the various image collections by the Burroughs Archives staff.
Collection contains manuals produced by Burroughs to educate and encourage salesmen that cover a variety of topics from salesmanship to product information.
Collection contains personal papers of several salesmen employed by Burroughs Corporation.
Collection consists of serials, magazines, and periodic pamphlets that Burroughs Corporation published in-house.
- Office equipment and supplies industry 10
- Computer industry 9
- Computers 2
- Photographs 2
- Selling -- Accounting machines. 2
- Selling -- Bookkeeping machines. 2
- Selling -- Computers. 2
- Accounting machines. 1
- Banks and banking -- Automation. 1
- Bookkeeping machines. 1
- Business records. 1
- Calculators 1
- Computer engineers -- Biography. 1
- Computer industry -- Advertising. 1
- Computer industry -- Great Britain. 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer industry -- Periodicals. 1
- Computer industry -- Pictorial works. 1
- Computers -- History. 1
- Computers -- Periodicals 1 ∧ less
- Burroughs Adding Machine Company 9
- American Arithmometer Company 3
- Burroughs, William Seward, 1858?-1898 2
- Acme Carbon and Ribbon Company. 1
- Balbik Systems, Ltd. 1
- Boyer, Joseph 1
- Burroughs Machines Ltd. 1
- Charles R. Hadley Company 1
- Control Instrument Company. 1
- ElectroData (Firm) 1
- Haydu Brothers. 1
- Mittag & Verlag, inc. 1
- Moon-Hopkins Billing Machine Company. 1
- Pasinski family 1
- Pasinski, Arthur Michael -- Biography. 1
- Pasinski, Walter J -- Biography. 1
- Pike Adding Machine Company 1
- Seytec (Firm) 1
- System Development Corporation 1 ∧ less