Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Contains private consulting reports commissioned by government agencies and businesses on subjects including computer systems, peripherals, robots, software, computer input-output equipment, storage devices, terminals, magnetic tapes, optical character recognition devices, printers, punched card systems, and computer markets.
Access to reports under twenty years old is completely restricted. Additional restrictions may apply for reports commissioned by companies.
Collection consists of subject files that contain reports, memoranda, and correspondence related to Edward Somers' work in automatic programming with Sperry Rand and GE's Computer Department.
The Eric A. Weiss papers include research materials used by Weiss; writing; correspondence; and personal papers and items.
Collection contains reports, proposals, design notebooks, technical literature, brochures, and advertisements relating to John S. Davis' work at Ramo-Wooldridge and from the associated companies of Thompson Ramo Wooldridge (later renamed TRW) Thompson Ramo Wooldridge Products Company, and Bunker Ramo.
The U.S. Government Computing Collection contains government publications, technical reports, descriptions and manuals of computer hardware, software, systems, installations and projects. All of the documents were produced by some agency of the government, and in most cases the documents are concerned with work performed specifically by these agencies.
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 4
- COBOL (Computer program language) 2
- Computer programming 2
- Computer storage devices 2
- FORTRAN (Computer program language) 2
- Magnetic tapes. 2
- Pennsylvania. 2
- Programming languages (Electronic computers) 2
- Univac computer 2
- AN/UKY-1 (Computer) 1
- Ada (Computer program language) 1
- Biographies. 1
- Book reviews 1
- Computer industry -- Periodicals. 1
- Computer input-output equipment 1
- Computer printers 1
- Computer software -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer software industry -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer terminals. 1 ∧ less
- Auerbach Associates 2
- International Business Machines Corporation 2
- Naval Ordnance Laboratory (White Oak, Md.) 2
- Radio Corporation of America 2
- Rome Air Development Center 2
- Sperry Rand (Corporation) 2
- United States. Navy 2
- United States. Office of Naval Research 2
- Air Force Avionics Laboratory. 1
- Air Force Cambridge Research Center (U.S.) 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 1
- Argonne National Laboratory 1
- Association for Computing Machinery 1
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 1
- Bunker-Ramo Corporation. Teleregister Products and Services. 1
- Burroughs Corporation 1
- Center for Computer Sciences and Technology. 1
- Charles Babbage Institute 1
- David W. Taylor Model Basin. 1
- Davis, John S. 1 ∧ less