Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: CBI 64
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, class handouts, lecture notes and visual aids, published articles and reports, subject files, audio tapes and videotapes relating to Perlis' work in computer science education, programming languages, and compiler programs.
Identifier: CBI 3
Abstract Collection contains conference presentations, professional organization materials, articles and speeches authored by Hammer, publications relating to Hammer, diaries and photographs. Conference presentations (1955-1989) include speeches given by Hammer, correspondence, and conference ephemera. Many of his presentations focused on the future of the computer and the effect of computers on society and management. Records of professional organizations (1967-1986) include minutes, correspondence,...
Identifier: CBI 50
Abstract Contains correspondence, notes, memoranda, lists, reports, reference material, financial records, publications, posters, advertisements, photographs, and a videotape relating to Edmund Berkeley and Berkeley Enterprises. The earliest records in the collection relate to his insurance work, the applications of symbolic logic and computing machines to business, the formation of the Association for Computing Machinery, and his military service at Dahlgren. Later records focus on the publications and...
Identifier: CBI 265
Abstract The Eric A. Weiss papers include research materials used by Weiss; writing; correspondence; and personal papers and items.
Dates: 1900 - 2012; Majority of material found within 1935 - 2005
Identifier: CBI 42
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, memoranda, technical reports and notes, subject files, minutes, manuals, photographs, audio tapes, videotapes, publications, presentations, and a deposition related to Herbert Bright's work in the computer industry and with computer professional groups. Records from Philco and COMPLAN include chronological files for brief periods. Also included in the collection are some personal papers and photographs that partially document the period from 1924-1956.
Identifier: CBI 52
Abstract Collection contains documentation of Isaac L. Auerbach's activities in several professional associations, especially IFIP, his consulting, and other business activities. The IFIP records include materials about the biennial congresses and document the growth and activities of the federation; its relationship with other professional organizations is also documented. The AFIPS records focus on the History of Computing Committee and the Computer History Project of the late 1960s to mid 1970s,...
Dates: 1948-1987; bulk 1957-1987
Identifier: CBI 45
Abstract Collection contains records collected by Margaret Fox in an effort to document some of the early computer development activities of NBS. The collection contains reports, including the original report on the ENIAC, UNIVAC, and many early in-house National Bureau of Standards (NBS) activity reports, memoranda on SEAC, SWAC, and DYSEAC, seminar and conference materials -- including Samuel Alexander's notes from the Moore School of Engineering course, "Theory and techniques for design of electronic...
Identifier: CBI 173
Abstract Collection documents the activities of the MJCC from 1979 and consists of conference programs and brochures; conference planning and evaluation materials; meeting minutes of the executive board and committees; administrative records; and some photographs.
- Computers -- History. 3
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 2
- Computer programming 2
- Computers 2
- Univac computer 2
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- History 1
- APL (Computer program language) 1
- APT (Computer program language) -- Standards. 1
- Antinuclear movement -- United States. 1
- Automation -- Periodicals. 1
- Biographies. 1
- Book reviews 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) 1
- COBOL (Computer program language) -- Standards 1
- Compilers (Computer programs) 1
- Computer engineering 1
- Computer industry 1
- Computer industry -- History. 1
- Computer industry -- Periodicals. 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 1 ∧ less
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 5
- Auerbach Associates 2
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 2
- Burroughs Corporation 2
- Data Processing Management Association 2
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers 2
- Naval Ordnance Laboratory (White Oak, Md.) 2
- Radio Corporation of America 2
- Alexander, Samuel N. 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies. History of Computing Committee 1
- American National Standards Institute. 1
- Arnoni, M. S. 1
- Association for Systems Management. 1
- Association of Independent Software Companies 1
- Berkeley Enterprises. 1
- Berkeley, Edmund C. (Edmund Callis). 1
- Bright, Herbert S. (Herbert Samuel), 1919-1986 1
- Charles Babbage Institute 1
- Commerce Technical Advisory Board. 1 ∧ less