Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: CBI 65
Abstract Collection consists of subject files that contain reports, memoranda, and correspondence related to Edward Somers' work in automatic programming with Sperry Rand and GE's Computer Department.
Identifier: CBI 265
Abstract The Eric A. Weiss papers include research materials used by Weiss; writing; correspondence; and personal papers and items.
Dates: 1900 - 2012; Majority of material found within 1935 - 2005
Identifier: CBI 6
Abstract The collection contains correspondence, notes, reports, manuals, newsletters, symposium and conference proceedings, photographs, and other materials relating to the Association of Independent Software Companies, the Conference on Data Systems Languages (CODASYL), FORTRAN Automatic Coding System, IBM 701 programming, IBM 709 System Committee, SHARE, the Universal Computer-Oriented Language (UNCOL) developed by SHARE, Informatics General Corporation, computing at North American Aviation, and...
Identifier: CBI 45
Abstract Collection contains records collected by Margaret Fox in an effort to document some of the early computer development activities of NBS. The collection contains reports, including the original report on the ENIAC, UNIVAC, and many early in-house National Bureau of Standards (NBS) activity reports, memoranda on SEAC, SWAC, and DYSEAC, seminar and conference materials -- including Samuel Alexander's notes from the Moore School of Engineering course, "Theory and techniques for design of electronic...
Identifier: CBI 245
Abstract This collection consists of manuals and documents of Cray Reseach and their supercomputers.
Dates: 1975 - 2007
Identifier: CBI 21
Abstract The collection contains correspondence, technical reports, manuals, meeting agendas, published conference proceedings, publications, and administrative records of SHARE, Inc.
Identifier: CBI 187
Abstract Manuals include 6 boxes of programming and operating reference manuals for Sperry and Unisys computing systems.
Identifier: CBI 15
Abstract Contains notes and schedules that were intended as an informal summary of the special course. Includes laboratory exercises, answer sheets, explanations of special MIDAC programs, expositions of particular problems and machine techniques, excerpts from texts and articles, and notes from a course taught by John W. Carr III, "Methods in High-Speed Computation." Extended notes from the following instructors are included: Walter F. Bauer, Ralph T. Dames, Glenn W. Graves, Lyman W. Orr, and Norman R....
- Computer programming 6
- Computers 3
- IBM computers 3
- Univac computer 3
- COBOL (Computer program language) 2
- Computer programming -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. 2
- Computers -- United States -- History -- Sources. 2
- FORTRAN (Computer program language) 2
- LARC (Computer) 2
- Pennsylvania. 2
- SEAC computer. 2
- Biographies. 1
- Book reviews 1
- Computer arithmetic 1
- Computer engineering 1
- Computer industry -- Europe. 1
- Computer industry -- Periodicals. 1
- Computer industry -- United States 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 1
- Computer input-output equipment 1 ∧ less
- International Business Machines Corporation 3
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 2
- Association for Computing Machinery 2
- Naval Ordnance Laboratory (White Oak, Md.) 2
- SHARE (Association) 2
- Alexander, Samuel N. 1
- Association of Independent Software Companies 1
- Auerbach Associates 1
- Auerbach, Isaac L. (Isaac Levin), 1921-1992 1
- Bauer, Walter F. 1
- Carr, John W. 1
- Conference on Data Systems Languages 1
- Cray Research, Inc. 1
- Dames, Ralph Theodore, 1927- 1
- Electronic Control Company 1
- Fox, Margaret R. 1
- General Electric Company. Computer Department 1
- Goode, Harry H. 1
- Graves, Glenn W. (Glenn William), 1929- 1
- Informatics General Corporation. 1 ∧ less