Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Identifier: CBI 64
Abstract Collection contains correspondence, class handouts, lecture notes and visual aids, published articles and reports, subject files, audio tapes and videotapes relating to Perlis' work in computer science education, programming languages, and compiler programs.
Identifier: CBI 13
Abstract Contains photocopied or microfilmed transcripts, exhibits, briefs, reports, depositions, and other court records from various antitrust suits in the computer industry. The most heavily documented case is U.S. vs. IBM. Other plaintiffs and defendants include: David Bunch, Howard S. Levine, American Telephone and Telegraph, Bell Telephone Laboratories, CALCOMP, Control Data Corporation, Greyhound Computer, ILC Data Devices, Litton Industries, Memorex Corporation, Telex, Transamerica Computer, and...
Dates: ca. 1940-1980
Identifier: CBI 69
Abstract The survey is a loose-leaf report originally bound as a ten-volume set describing small digital computer systems, most of which relate to military and aerospace applications. It was produced in 1970 and revised the following year. The survey, arranged alphabetically by manufacturer, contains information on computer systems of the 1960s and early 1970s, and reflects the systems of over 100 manufacturers. The report was compiled from other secondary sources, and claims to exclude any classified...
Identifier: CBI 29
Abstract Collection includes an incomplete run of the ALGOL Bulletin, numbers 1-39 (numbers 9, 17, and 18 were not included in the collection), an ALGOL mailing list, a technical report, and a report on ALGOL 60.
Identifier: CBI 55
Abstract Collection contains reports on the United States and international computer and electronics industries and markets as well as evaluations of specific computers, peripherals, and software published by a variety of market research firms. Contains reports about computer hardware, software, systems, and computer-related industries primarily in the United States that originated from numerous consulting firms.
Identifier: CBI 78
Abstract Contains transcripts from each of the eighteen symposia. The collection includes a synopsis of the first symposium, verbatim and edited transcripts of the second through eleventh Rand Symposia edited by Fred Gruenberger. The synopsis of the first symposium and the transcripts of the second through eighth symposia are in bound volumes while the transcripts for the ninth through eighteenth symposia are foldered.
Identifier: CBI 72
Abstract The collection consists of litigation records, gathered internally at Sperry Rand's Univac Division to provide information on topics relating to the Honeywell vs. Sperry litigation begun in 1967.
Identifier: CBI 32
Abstract Collection contains reports, manuals and publications from corporations, government agencies, and academic computing centers covering a broad range of computer-related topics.
Dates: 1956-1978; (bulk: 1962-1978)
- Computers -- History -- Sources 6
- Computer industry -- History -- Sources 3
- Computer industry -- United States -- History -- Sources 2
- Programming languages (Electronic computers) -- History -- Sources 2
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- History 1
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- History -- Sources 1
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- Periodical 1
- ALGOL (Computer program language) -- Research. 1
- APL (Computer program language) 1
- Antitrust law -- United States 1
- Compilers (Computer programs) 1
- Computer industry -- Congresses. 1
- Computer industry -- Forecasting. 1
- Computer industry -- Law and legislation 1
- Computer industry -- Societies, etc. 1
- Computer industry -- United States -- Periodicals. 1
- Computer science -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer science -- Study and teaching (Higher) 1
- Computer software -- History -- Sources. 1
- Computer software industry -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1 ∧ less
- Advanced Technology Resources Corporation. 1
- Amdahl, Gene. 1
- American Federation of Information Processing Societies 1
- American Telephone and Telegraph Company 1
- Andree, Richard Vernon, 1919- 1
- Armer, Paul. 1
- Armering, George. 1
- Arthur D. Little, Inc. 1
- Association for Computing Machinery 1
- Atchinson, William. 1
- Atwood, Delbert. 1
- Auerbach Associates 1
- Augustine, James. 1
- Automation Consultants, Inc. 1
- Baker, C. L. (Carl Lee) 1
- Bell Telephone Laboratories, Inc. 1
- Bemer, R. W. 1
- Bergstein, Harold. 1
- Bernstein, Mort. 1
- Bright, Herbert S., 1919-1986. 1 ∧ less