Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Alworth family papers
The collection consists of two series: correspondence and photographs. This collection shows only a small segment of the Alworth family business.
Julius H. Barnes papers
The collection contains correspondence, financial materials, articles, pamphlets, photographs, news clippings, sketchbooks, a tape recording, and miscellaneous reference materials. Most of the records originate from the period between 1940-1958 and document Barnes' financial interests and his involvement in the St. Lawrence Seaway project. Some personal correspondence is also included.
Duluth Chamber of Commerce records
The collection contains two minute books; news clippings, 1933-1971; correspondence, 1890-1986; articles of incorporation and by-laws, 1902; pamphlets; and photographs.
Insurance Service Agency records
This collection consists of a fragment of items which merely name some of the principle people and changes within the Insurance Service Agency over fifty years and a chronological sketch of the company’s history.
Kelley-How-Thomson Company records
The collection consists of certificates of incorporation and by-laws and a history of the company; minutes 1908-1910; titles, leases, deeds 1887-1959; contracts, correspondence and minutes; stock ledgers 1902-1913; financial statements and balance sheets 1919-1944, 1945-1957; personnel 1956; appraisal 1917; and one black and white photograph of the buildings.
Edward Lee Jr. papers
The collection consists of papers and photographs of Edward Lee, Jr.
Marshall-Wells Company records
The collection consists of articles of incorporation, bylaws, annual reports (1940, 1946, 1948, 1954), titles, leases, deeds, stock certificates, financial statements; a list of salesmen (1953); annual roundup program; photograph of George Hill, John Howe, Sig Soberg (1957), and John Hutman; business letters; promotional material; product advertisements; John Patterson correspondence; a company history; and newspaper articles about the company.
Merritt family papers
The collection contains personal and financial correspondence, letterpress books, scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, manuscripts written about local and family history, financial records, legal papers, maps, photographs, one audio cassette of an interview, and reference materials.
Peterson Monument Company records
The collection contains correspondence files and invoices; 15 photographs; accounting records including 1928-1929 comparative balance sheet and January 1930 to August 1931 trial balance sheets, IRS tax records of 1927 to 1930 plus the invoices which include everything from newspaper advertising costs to stone cutting supplies.
- Newspaper clippings 6
- Duluth (Minn.) 5
- Business 4
- Financial records 4
- Articles of incorporation 3
- By-laws 3
- Financial statements 3
- Minutes 3
- Certificates 2
- Duluth (Minn.)--History 2
- Hardware stores 2
- Letters 2
- Newsletters 2
- Publications 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Advertisements 1
- Annual reports 1 + ∧ less
- Barnes, Julius H. (Julius Howland), 1873-1959 2
- Duluth Chamber of Commerce (Duluth, Minn.) 2
- Marshall-Wells Company (Duluth, Minn.) 2
- Marshall-Wells Hardware Company (Duluth, Minn.) 2
- Alworth family 1
- Duluth, Missabe and Iron Range Railway Company 1
- Duluth, Missabe and Northern Railway Company 1
- Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Tidewater Association 1
- Insurance Service Agency 1
- Kelley-How-Thomson Company 1
- Lee, Edward J., 1910 December 25-1989 May 22 1
- Merritt family 1
- Merritt, Alfred R., 1847-1926 1
- Merritt, Alva Lucien, 1875-1947 1
- Merritt, Leonidas, 1844-1926 1
- Peterson Monument Company 1
- Rockefeller, John D. (John Davison), 1839-1937 1
- United States Steel Company 1
- United States Steel Corporation 1 + ∧ less