Showing Collections: 241 - 251 of 251
Papers (1894-1937) of Wenceslau Sholar, a Slovenian immigrant priest, consist of letters written to his brother in Slovenia. The letters describe the early years of Slovene settlement in Illinois and Minnesota, where Sholar served.
The collection contains minutes, contracts, correspondence, color snapshot photographs of the two days of events in West Duluth and at Bayfront Park, and a copy of the West Duluth Centennial Memory Book: West Duluth Duluth United for a Century 1894-1994.
The collection contains minutes, 1913–1933; a membership dues ledger, 1909–1916; a book of banquets, 1913–1915; correspondence, 1908–1917; and news clippings, 1898–1928.
The collection contains a letterpress book of handwritten, outgoing, business correspondence that is not indexed.
The collection contains recollection of dreams, poetry, drawings, annotations of Waldo Frank’s “The Jew in Our Day”; correspondence (1935-1958) with artist Knute Heldner and his wife Colette; and published materials and newspaper clippings on Heldner.
The collection contains the papers of William Watts Folwell, first president of the University of Minnesota.
The collection consists of manuscripts by Wilson D. Wallis, professor of anthropology at the University of Minnesota.
The collection consists of records on artists and performers the Institute brought or attempted to bring to Duluth.
The collection contains A Study of the Feasibility of Establishing a Self Dependent Living Skills Program, prepared for Woodland Hills Home by Burt Galaway, and related documents including correspondence and subsequent reports on establishing a self-dependent living skills program.
The collection contains correspondence, birthday cards and telegrams, articles, awards, a copy of Woolson's discharge papers, poems and songs dedicated to Woolson, and news clippings,1928-1958.
Files documenting legal matters in which the YMCA of the USA was involved, primarily from the mid- to the late-twentieth century. Among the most prominent topics are property, taxation, railroad and transportation YMCAs, and international projects. The records also include some contracts, agreements, and grants.
- Subject: Correspondence. X
- Collecting Area
- University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections 171
- Performing Arts Archives 29
- University Archives 23
- Children's Literature Research Collections 8
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 8
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 4
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 2
- Givens Collection of African American Literature 2
- Social Welfare History Archives 1
- Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies 1
- James Ford Bell Library 1
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 1 ∧ less
- Correspondence 206
- Photographs 88
- Newspaper clippings 78
- Minutes 74
- Publications 68
- Duluth (Minn.) 60
- Financial records 40
- Scrapbooks 37
- Correspondence. 36
- Organizations 36
- Reports 33
- By-laws 27
- Membership Lists 26
- Duluth (Minn.)--History 24
- Associations, institutions, etc. 23
- Business 23
- Women 21
- Businesses 19
- Financial statements 19
- Letters 19 ∧ less
- English 160
- English 75
- Multiple languages 8
- Undetermined 5
- English, Old (ca.450-1100) 1
- Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra 6
- Reserve Mining Company 5
- Coffman, Lotus Delta, 1875-1938 4
- Minnesota Orchestra 4
- Minnesota. Legislature. House of Representatives 4
- Save Lake Superior Association 4
- Bly, Robert 3
- Cisek, Richard M. 3
- Duluth Chamber of Commerce (Duluth, Minn.) 3
- Duluth, Missabe and Northern Railway Company 3
- Engle, Donald L. 3
- Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Tidewater Association 3
- Marshall-Wells Company (Duluth, Minn.) 3
- Minnesota 3
- Northrop, Cyrus, 1834-1922 3
- United States Steel Corporation 3
- Vincent, George E. (George Edgar), 1864-1941 3
- 4-H clubs 2
- American Red Cross 2
- BWCA (Boundary Waters Canoe Area) 2 ∧ less