Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Duluth Living Wage Coalition records
The collection includes Erik Peterson’s committee meeting notes of Duluth and St. Louis County, case statements, meeting rosters, meeting notices, agendas, minutes, publicity materials, relevant publications by Good Jobs First and Smart Growth, support documents, newspaper articles about this local and other states’ living wage campaigns. There are also files on living wage issues as they relate to child care costs and wages.
Journeymen Barbers, Hairdressers, and Cosmetologists’ International Union of America, Local 67 records
The collection contains membership ledgers, minute books, cash journals, convention proceedings, Secretary-Treasurer monthly reports, and financial records.
Labor History collection
While surveying the collections of the NEMHC for the Minnesota Radicalism project, these items were identified as potentially useful for labor development research. Additional materials will be added to this collection as they are donated and appropriate.
Labor Relations and Union Development in Duluth oral history interviews
The interviews in this project document the history of Duluth, Minnesota area businesses and labor unions. Barbara Sommer conducted the interviews in 1980-1981.
Minnesota Election research data
The collection contains Duluth election data of all candidates of all parties down to the ward level from the years 1896, 1912, 1920, and 1924 compiled from returns published in newspapers and other political and labor history sources. The collection also holds Minnesota governor election results from Duluth for 1896-1934.
Saime Monson oral history interview
The collection consists of one cassette tape of an interview of Saime Monson by Professor Richard H. Hudelson, Ph.D., UMD professor of philosopy.
Walter H. Singer scrapbook [microfilm]
The scrapbook contains newspaper clippings pertaining to Singer’s role in the Lake Superior transportation business from 1899-1903.
Clayton Videen WPA newspaper file
WDTH Labor in Duluth oral history interviews
The collection consists of three interviews concerning union organizing activities, factory working conditions, labor politics, and the experiences of Croatian immigrants in northern Minnesota. Earl Bester, Nick Borovack, and Joe Paszak were interviewed by Jean Johnson of radio station WDTH.
Women in Politics oral history interviews
- Labor--History 8
- Duluth (Minn.) 7
- Duluth (Minn.)--History 6
- Oral history 4
- Oral history interviews 4
- Audiocassettes 3
- Politics 3
- Audio Recordings 2
- Audiotapes 2
- Business 2
- Central labor councils 2
- Electoral politics 2
- Labor-management relations 2
- Newspaper clippings 2
- Political activists 2
- Political parties 2
- Wages 2
- Work 2 + ∧ less
- English 9
- Undetermined 1
- Sommer, Barbara 2
- Archives and Special Collections, Northeast Minnesota Historical Center Collections 1
- Baker-Kent, , Lurline J, 1938- 1
- Bester, Earl T., 1900 July 30-1986 April 18 1
- Bridges, Helen and Russell 1
- Bye, Meg, 1963 February 6-2012 May 30 1
- Churchill, Donna, 1940- 1
- Dizard, George, 1916-2001 1
- Dodge, Deidre, 1945- 1
- Duluth Living Wage Coalition 1
- Duluth News Tribune (Duluth, Minn. : 1892) 1
- Duluth News-Tribune (Duluth, Minn. : 1987) 1
- Duluth Public Schools (Duluth, Minn.). Board of Education 1
- Elliott, Dudley 1
- Evans, Mary 1
- Fisher, Judith Lambert, 1944- 1
- Griffiths, Vi, 1921 April 7-2006 June 13 1
- IWW 1
- Industrial Workers of the World 1
- Johnson, E. Wallie, 1910-1981 1 + ∧ less