Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract The interviews in this project document the history of Duluth area businesses and labor unions. Narrators comment, where appropriate, on the founding and growth of carious businesses or labor organizations, the formation of corporate policies, labor – management relations, urban renewal, union philosophy and strategy, government regulation, binding arbitrations, and the relationship of business and labor political and civic affairs.
Abstract The interviews in this project document the history of Duluth, Minnesota area businesses and labor unions. Barbara Sommer conducted the interviews in 1980-1981.
Abstract Contains interviews with ten participants, documenting the history of commercial fishing on Lake Superior's North Shore. The interviewees are individuals who themselves, or whose families, engaged in commercial fishing in this region. The interviewer is Barbara Sommer.
Abstract In 1979 historian Barbara Sommer interviewed nine Duluth, Minnesota area women who worked in business or the professions. The women discussed their reasons for entering the various professions they represent, including doctor, lawyer, arts administrator, library director, banker, small business owner and business employees. They also described their reasons for entering their field, their reactions to it, the reactions of colleagues and commented generally on the impact their careers have had...
Abstract In 1978 and 1979 historian Barbara Sommer interviewed fifteen women form the Duluth, Minnesota area who were involved in politics as elected officials or activists. In the interviews the women discussed their reasons for entering politics, their involvements past and present, and their own and their families' reactions to their involvement in politics. The collection consists of audio recordings of the interviews, typed indexes to the topics covered in the recordings, copies of the question...
- Oral history 4
- Business 3
- Duluth (Minn.) 3
- Duluth (Minn.)--History 3
- Labor unions 2
- Labor, Organized 2
- Politics 2
- Women 2
- Associations, institutions, etc. 1
- Businesses 1
- Commercial fishing industry 1
- Cook County (Minn.) 1
- Cook County (Minn.)--History 1
- Duluth (Minn.)--Economic conditions 1
- Duluth (Minn.)--Politics and government 1
- Economic development 1 ∧ less
- A.W. "Lon" Taylor, 1918 June 15-2000 July 1 1
- Anderson, Vicki Lynn Larsen, 1949- 1
- Andresen, John, 1924 July 9- 1
- Atkins, Samuel F., 1907 July 20-1982 September 25 1
- Baker-Kent, Lurline J, 1938- 1
- Bester, Earl T., 1900 July 30-1986 April 18 1
- Beukema, Christian F., 1918?-1999 May 14 1
- Bridges, Helen and Russell 1
- Bye, Meg, 1963 February 6-2012 May 30 1
- Christiansen, Aleck, 1891 December 25-1979 April 16 1
- Churchill, Donna, 1940- 1
- Creps, Donna, 1929 April-2011 August 25 1
- Dizard, George, 1916-2001 1
- Dodge, Deidre, 1945- 1
- Duluth Public Schools (Duluth, Minn.). Board of Education 1
- Ellefson, June, 1913 June 08-1995 May 11 1
- Elliott, Dudley 1
- Evans, Mary 1
- Fisher, Judith Lambert, 1944- 1 ∧ less