Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 73
Records (1887-1901) of the Aamunkoitto Temperance Society (Brooklyn, New York) include membership lists and minutes.
Papers (1930-1935) of Adam Kattainen, a Finnish American temperance advocate, consist of poems and speeches. Also included are minutes (1942-1943) of the Alango-Field (Minn.) Red Cross.
Manuscript (n.d.) of Alex Jackson's novel Viuluni itkee.
Records (1897-1970) of the Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church (Ishpeming, Mich.) include baptism, confirmation, communion, and funeral registers. On microfilm.
Church history (church formerly named Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Church), organizational records, photographs, golden jubilee album (1944), song books, and other printed matter. Included are piano music paper rolls.
Records (1918-1931) of the Farmers Cooperative Mercantile Association, Kettle River, Minn., consist of minutes of the Board of Directors for 1918-1924 and 1927-1931; and financial records from 1923-1931.
Records of FinnFest USA consist of minutes and correspondence of the executive board, newspaper articles, tape recordings of annual executive board meetings, organizational newsletters, publicity materials, videotapes, photographs and other items pertaining to the annual FinnFest USA celebrations.
Records (1944-1962) of the Finnish American League for Democracy (Fitchburg, Mass.) include treasurer's minute books and other minutes books.
Records (1874-1977) of the Finnish Apostolic Lutheran Church, New York Mills, Minn., comprise birth; baptism; confirmation; marriage; burial; and financial records of the congregation.
Collection of dramatic scripts includes the following titles: Kosinta; Ajan Laulu; Ananiaksen Ehtoollinen; and Kaksi Varasta.
Records (1916) of the Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Congregation (Republic, Mich.) comprise baptism, confirmation, communion, marriage, and funeral registers.
Records (1905-1966) of the Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.) consist of chapter minutes.
Records (1905-1966) of the Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter Archive consist of chapter minutes and minutes of the chapter's suborganization.
Minutes (1911-1931) of the Markham, Minn. chapter of the Finnish Socialist Federation.
Minutes of the Eastern District Committee (Fitchburg, Mass.) (1913-1920) and the National Executive Committee (Chicago, Ill.) (1915-1925) of the Finnish Socialist Federation.
Records (1911-1939) of the Finnish Workers' Society "Kehitys" (Cloquet, Minn.) Archive consist of financial records; minutes; membership lists; and play scripts.
Papers (1896-1963) of Hazel Barberg consist of minutes and financial records of the Cokato, Minnesota, Onnen Toivo temperance society,1896-1958; a handbook of the Finnish National Temperance Brotherhood, 1906; Finnish postcards, 1903-1907; the Nels Peter Nelson family history; a family Bible; correspondence; newspaper clippings; and issues of Finnish and Finnish American periodicals.
Papers (1980) of Henry Gust Koski consist of a typed manuscript describing Finnish American pioneer life in Montana and Idaho.
Records (1901-1936) of the Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (Hibbing, Minn.) include baptism, confirmation, communion, marriage, and funeral registers.
Records (1896-1899) of the Idan Uutiset (Eastern News) Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Mass.) consist of proceedings of the board of directors and monthly meetings of the newspaper staff. Minutes also document the formation of Finska Amerikanaren (now the Norden).
Papers (1931-1960) include minutes (1931-1954) of the Minnesota Finnish American Historical Society, Virginia, Minn. Chapter; photographs; records of the Messiah Lutheran Church (Mountain Iron, Minn.); and correspondence.
Records (1897-1921) of the Jarven Kukka Temperance Society of Gilbert and Sparta, Minn. include minutes, membership, and account books.
The collection contains records related to the Järvenpää Chapter (Lakehead Chapter) Minnesota Finnish American Historical Society in Duluth, Minnesota.
Papers (1935-1983) of Joseph Vaananen consist mostly of family correspondence. A photograph of Vaananen is also included.
Papers (1924-1955) of Kaarle Hjalmar Lehtinen consist primarily of correspondence to him from the Wayne Produce Association and the Fairfield Cooperative Farm Association (Suomalainen Osuusfarmi) of Jesup, Ga., as well as from friends in the Jesup area. Also included are photographs, postcards, and miscellaneous printed material.
Papers (1950-1976) of Karin Tuomi, an author, include poetry; a manuscript of her novel, "Pelli ja Perhe Siirtolaisena"; and personal papers. Tuomi lives in Palo Alto, California.
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 72
- University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections 1
- Finnish 12
- Finnish American socialists 12
- Finnish American theater 7
- Finnish American press. 6
- Finnish Americans 6
- Finnish Americans -- Societies, etc. 6
- Finnish American authors. 5
- Finnish American communists 5
- Finnish American newspapers. 5
- Finnish Americans -- Minnesota 5
- Lutherans, Finnish. 5
- Ethnic theater. 4
- Music 3
- Religious life 3
- Socialists 3
- Church records and registers -- Minnesota -- Mountain Iron. 2
- Cooperative societies -- Minnesota -- Nashwauk. 2
- Finnish American Historical Society 2
- Finnish American poets. 2
- Finnish American publishers and publishing. 2 + ∧ less
- English 11
- English 1
- FinnFest USA 2
- Aamunkoitto Temperance Society, Brooklyn, NY 1
- Barberg, Hazel E. 1
- Bethel Evangelical Lutheran Church (Ishpeming, Mich.). 1
- Doby, Velma M. 1
- Farmers Cooperative Mercantile Association (Kettle River, Minn.). 1
- Finnish American League for Democracy (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Finnish Apostolic Lutheran Church (New York Mills, Minn.) 1
- Finnish Evangelical Lutheran Congregation (Republic, Mich.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Markham, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Club (Astoria, Ore.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Federation. National Executive Committee (Chicago, Ill.). Eastern District Committee (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Organizations. West Coast Chapters. 1
- Finnish Worker's Society "Kehitys" Archive (Cloquet, Minn.). 1
- Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter. Archive. 1
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (Hibbing, Minnesota) 1
- Idan Uutiset (Eastern News) Publishing Company (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Jackson, Alex. 1
- Jarven Kukka Temperance Society (Sparta and Gilbert, Minn.). 1 + ∧ less