Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Records (1944-1962) of the Finnish American League for Democracy (Fitchburg, Mass.) include treasurer's minute books and other minutes books.
Records (1905-1966) of the Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.) consist of chapter minutes.
Records (1905-1966) of the Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter Archive consist of chapter minutes and minutes of the chapter's suborganization.
Minutes (1911-1931) of the Markham, Minn. chapter of the Finnish Socialist Federation.
Records, in Finnish and English, of the Hibbing Finnish Workers' Club (Minn.) consist of minutes (1962-1974) and a ledger of accounts (1935-1972).
Records (1911-1939) of the Finnish Workers' Society "Kehitys" (Cloquet, Minn.) Archive consist of financial records; minutes; membership lists; and play scripts.
Papers of Helmi Dagmar Mattson (1890-1974) include an autobiography; correspondence; diaries; handwritten and typescript articles, plays, poetry and books; records and papers relating to the Northwestern Finnish Historical Society; minutes of meetings of the Mt. Solo Washington Finnish Club; bylaws of the Finnish Workers Association (Portland, Ore.); miscellany; memorabilia; photographs and photograph albums; and scrapbooks.
Papers (1931-1968) of Hilma (Bockman) Erickson (1887-1968) consist of letters written to her daughter Eva Helen Erickson (b. 1912).
Papers (1935-1983) of Joseph Vaananen consist mostly of family correspondence. A photograph of Vaananen is also included.
The records (1913-1966) of the "Kajastus" Finnish Laborers' Association (Milford, New Hampshire) comprise the official papers and by-laws (1913-1928); and clippings and articles on New England Finnish Americans (1951-1966).
Papers (1964-1968; n.d.) of Maija Lipponen consist of three scrapbooks containing typescripts; newspaper clippings of her poems; and newspaper clippings of articles (some by Lipponen) about the Finnish Workers' Education Club (Lake Worth, Fla.) and other radical Finnish interests and activities.
Records (1906-1953) of the Nashwauk Finnish Socialist Chapter and related organizations (Nashwauk, Minnesota) consist of twenty-two ledgers reflecting Finnish organization activity in Nashwauk. Included are minutes, membership ledgers; and financial records.
Records (1914-1964) of the Saima Workers' Society (Fitchburg, Minn.) include proceedings; board of directors minutes (1916-1918); correspondence; economic committee reports; and property inventories (1919).
Records (1904-1962) of the Work People's College (Tyovaen Opisto), Duluth, Minnesota, contain correspondence, financial records, stock certificates, student club minutes, student rosters, and lists of and photocopies of proletarian plays. The College was founded to serve the educational needs of Finnish American Socialists and later, members of the Industrial Workers of the World. It was dissolved in 1952.
- Finnish American socialists 16
- Finnish American communists 5
- Finnish American press. 3
- Finnish American theater 3
- Finnish Americans -- Political activity. 3
- Ethnic theater. 2
- Finnish American newspapers. 2
- Finnish Americans -- Massachusetts -- Fitchburg -- Societies, etc. 2
- Cooperative societies -- Illinois -- Waukegan. 1
- Cooperative societies -- Minnesota -- Nashwauk. 1
- Copper Miners' Strike, Mich., 1913-1914. 1
- Finnish American Socialists -- Oregon -- Astoria. 1
- Finnish Americans 1
- Finnish Americans -- Biography. 1
- Finnish Americans -- California -- Berkeley. 1
- Finnish Americans -- California -- Rocklin. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Florida -- Lake Worth -- Societies, etc. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Florida -- Lake Worth. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Illinois -- Waukegan. 1
- Finnish Americans -- Massachusetts -- Fitchburg -- Political activity. 1 ∧ less
- Finnish 10
- Multiple languages 7
- Erickson, Hilma, 1887-1968. 1
- Finnish American League for Democracy (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Ely, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Chapter (Markham, Minn.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Club (Astoria, Ore.). 1
- Finnish Socialist Organizations. West Coast Chapters. 1
- Finnish Worker's Society "Kehitys" Archive (Cloquet, Minn.). 1
- Gardner, Massachusetts Finnish Socialist Chapter. Archive. 1
- Hibbing Finnish Workers' Club (Minn.). 1
- Kajastus Finnish Laborers Association (Milford, N.H.). 1
- Lipponen, Maija. 1
- Mattson, Helmi Dagmar, 1890-1974. 1
- Nashwauk Finnish Socialist Chapter and related organizations (Nashwauk, Minn.). 1
- Saima Workers' Society (Fitchburg, Mass.). 1
- Vaananen, Joseph. 1
- Wiita, John, 1888-1981 1
- Work People's College (Duluth, Minn.). 1 ∧ less