Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Papers (ca. 1930-1976) of Angela Bambace (1898-1975) include correspondence; speeches; newspaper clippings; photographs; and publications. Bambace was a labor organizer and vice-president of the International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union.
Papers (1939-1965) of Antonino Crivello (1888-1969), an Italian American labor organizer and poet, comprise correspondence; drafts of his poetry; and some published material. Correspondence relates largely to the I.L.G.W.U., in which Crivello was a director of Local 144 in Newark, New Jersey and a representative for Local 25 in New York.
Papers (1925-1970) of Clemente Egidio (b. 1899), an Italian American editor and journalist, relate mostly to publication of the labor magazine La Parola del Popolo, the organ of the Italian Socialist Federation, of which he was editor and publisher. Included is correspondence with prominent Italians and Italian Americans relating to the Socialist movement in the United States and Italy, the Vietnam war, and other topics.
Papers (1915-1937) of Gioacchino Artoni (1866-1937), an Italian American labor organizer, consist primarily of newspaper clippings about him.
Papers (ca. 1933-1961) of Italian American labor leader Giuseppe D. Procopio comprise articles and clippings about his union activities. Procopio was from Calabria, Italy, born ca. 1890. He was active in the Confederazione Italo-Americano del Lavoro, the United Shoe Workers of America, Local 563 Shoe Service Union, President of International Wholesale and Department Store Union, and chairman of America Aid to Calabria after World War II.
Papers (ca. 1920-1959) of Luigi Antonini (1883-1968), an Italian American labor organizer, consist primarily of socialist and union publications pertaining to the struggle for workers' rights.
La Capria's papers (1952-1971) contain correspondence; newspaper clippings; photographs; and speeches.
- Labor leaders. 6
- Clothing workers -- Labor unions. 4
- Italian Americans. 4
- Anti-fascist movements -- United States. 2
- Italian American labor leaders. 2
- Italian American socialists 2
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- New York. 2
- Italian Americans -- Societies, etc. 2
- Italian American poets. 1
- Italian Americans -- Charities. 1
- Italian Americans -- Labor leaders. 1
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- New York -- Societies, etc. 1
- Italian Americans -- New York (State) -- Societies, etc. 1
- Italian-American newspapers. 1
- Journalists. 1
- Labor movement. 1
- Labor unions 1
- Labor unions -- Clothing workers. 1
- Labor unions -- Periodicals. 1
- Legislators -- United States -- Colorado. 1 + ∧ less
- Multiple languages 8
- Italian 1
- Antonini, , Luigi, 1883-1968 1
- Artoni, , Gioacchino, 1866-1937 1
- Bambace, Angela , 1898-1975 1
- Clemente, Egidio, 1899 1
- Crivello, Antonino, 1888-1969 1