Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 163
Papers (1977-1980) of Finnish American composer A.L. Klemi (1874-1924) consist of the sheet music for three piano and vocal compositions.
Collection contains photographs of punk and subculture musicians and audiences.
Collection includes audio cassettes and reel-to-reel tapes primarily of performances and practice sessions held at the New Riverside Café. Additionally, there are posters and flyers from performances [circa 1970s-1997], newspaper clippings about the café and performers who played there, some administrative paperwork regarding the management of the collective, and promotional materials and correspondence from musicians interested in performing at the venue.
Collection consists of two volumes of published sheet music (solo violin works written by Alfred Morena between 1910 and 1920) and 6 CDs containing recordings of his music.
Collection contains audio/visual recordings, scores, publications, and administrative material created by the Minnesota Composers Forum/American Composers Forum.
Two printed pieces of sheet music (with lyrics): "Inno dei fascisti" and "In Aeroplano"
Papers (1919-1975) of Rev. Andrew Rolik consist of his typescripts, poetry, various church publications (including jubilee programs from Evangelical Lutheran churches in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, and Muskegon, Michigan), and sheet music.
Papers (1963-1969) of Andrii Bohdan consist of flyers and programs pertaining to cultural events in the Philadelphia, Pa. Ukrainian community. Included are lists of recordings, a flyer of the Americans to Free Captive Nations, Inc., Ukrainian Division; and a program for the Ukrainian Bandurist Chorus 50th anniversay tour.
Personal identification documents and certificates, manuscripts and articles written by A. Meikup, teaching materials, sheet music, research into Estonian geographical names, newspaper clippings of obituaries.
Collection consists of materials documenting the life of the Latvian American community in Kalamazoo, Michigan, and beyond.
Collection contains audio and video recordings, production notes, programs, flyers, and administrative and financial information.
Collection contains scrapbooks, correspondence, publicity, administrative and A/V materials for Bel Canto Voices.
The collection consists of seven photographs of Marguerite Belanger, her husband, and the all-women bands she led. A biographical sketch by her son Adrian Belanger accompanies the photographs.
The collection consists of family photographs and two items related to the 1933-1934 city of Chicago 100 anniversary event called A Century of Progress.
Collection contains framed photographs, posters, and scrapbooks collected by Bill Caron documeting artists and shows featured at First Ave in Minneapolis.
Collection consists of photocopied news clippings, correspondence, event programs, photographs, creative writings, and other printed matter organized in scrapbook form, also some sound recordings.
The collection contains photocopies of musical scores. Most of the scores are copies of unpublished music written by Joseph Braverman.
Compact discs from Newhouse's one-hour MPR program: A Century in Sound. The Minnesota Orchestra Turns 100. Included are recorded interviews and other source materials for the broadcast.
The collection contains news clippings, handwritten notes, programs, and photographs largely obtained from a dismantled scrapbook.
Collection contains the organizational and member records relating to the operations and performances of the Calliope Women's Chorus.
The collection contains constitution, bylaws, minutes; booklets with officers, committees, membership lists and concert programs; and scrapbooks.
Minutes, reports, correspondence, accounting documents, newsletters, bulletins.
Collection contains the records of the College of Education at the University of Minnesota.
The collection consists of letters from poet Countee Cullen to his childhood friend William Fuller Brown, Jr. Much of the correspondence refers to Cullen's writing and includes many handwritten and manuscript copies of poems.
The collection consists of music scores in both manuscript and published form.
Papers (1910-1976) of Danny Meduri (1885-1976), an Italian American opera singer from New York, include photographs, newspaper clippings, sheet music, programs, and playbills from his performances.
The collection contains programs, photographs, scrapbook materials, publications, clippings, and correspondence about Frank Danz, Jr, first concertmaster of the Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra and director of the Danz Band and Danz Orchestra. There is a small amount of material about Frank J. Danz (his son), from whom the collection was received.
Collection contains musical scores, notes, music books, scripts and flyers.
The collection includes correspondence, scores, manuscripts, signed photographs, audio recordings (open reel and audio cassette) and other ephemera created and collected by composer Dominick Argento.
- Subject: Music X
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 53
- Performing Arts Archives 44
- University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections 32
- Children's Literature Research Collections 15
- University Archives 5
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 4
- Social Welfare History Archives 3
- Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies 3
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 2
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 1
- Givens Collection of African American Literature 1 ∧ less
- Music 58
- Photographs 21
- Music -- Minnesota 19
- Correspondence 17
- Musicians 17
- Music Scores 15
- Children's literature, American 12
- Choirs (Music) 12
- Sheet music 12
- Arts 11
- Manuscripts for publication 11
- Performing arts 11
- Programs 11
- Authors, American -- 20th century 10
- Children's stories, American 10
- Duluth (Minn.) 10
- Newspaper clippings 10
- Scrapbooks 10
- Picture books 9
- Women 9 ∧ less
- English 90
- English 27
- Multiple languages 25
- Ukrainian 6
- Finnish 4
- Estonian 3
- Undetermined 3
- Croatian 2
- Italian 2
- Latin 2
- Slovenian 2
- Hungarian 1
- Latvian 1
- Norwegian 1
- Polish 1
- Russian 1 ∧ less
- Matinee Musicale (Duluth, Minn.) 4
- Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra 4
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 3
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Army and Navy Dept. 3
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee. Army and Navy Dept. 3
- Archives and Special Collections, Northeast Minnesota Historical Center Collections 2
- Hokanson, Margrethe, 1893-1975 2
- Minnesota Orchestra 2
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 2
- St. Paul Chamber Orchestra 2
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 2
- United War Work Campaign, Inc. 2
- University of Minnesota. Dept. of Music 2
- University of Minnesota. School of Music 2
- "Lado" Ensemble / Novak, Lou 1
- Abisch, Roz 1
- Albright, Ann Colby 1
- American Association of Teachers Colleges 1
- American Composers Forum 1
- American Council of Polish Cultural Clubs 1 ∧ less