Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: SW 143
Abstract Alice Taylor Davis was known for her contributions to social work education and commitment improving social service. The Alice Taylor Davis papers reflect her career in social work education, consultation, and on the staff of the U.S. Department of Health Education and Welfare, Technical Training Division. They also relate to her work as co-director of the Study of Social Work Education, which culminated in the report, Social Work Education in the United States (1952) and was a factor in the...
Collection — Box: 1
Abstract The collection includes personal papers, Browning and Houk's files, minutes of and correspondence with the American Association of Schools of Social Work, a 1928 survey by and correspondence with Sophonisba Breckenridge, a 1910 letter from Mary Richmond concerning widows' pensions, and photographs of noted personalities in the charity and welfare fields.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1910-1951; (bulk 1928-1951)
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: SW 30
Abstract Includes items related to the trade union movement in social work focusing on disputes, 1937-1941, between the Jewish Social Service Bureau of Los Angeles and its employees, represented by the Social Service Employees Union.
Abstract Verl Lewis was a social work educator, welfare administrator, and historian of the social work profession. The papers document Lewis' graduate social work education at the University of Chicago and at Case Western Reserve University and his subsequent professional career, primarily as a professor of social work at the University of Oregon (1949-1952), University of Connecticut (1955-1959), and University of Maryland (1959-1974). There are also records of his work as a public relief worker in...
- Subject: Social workers -- United States -- Training of X
- Social action -- United States -- 1937-1941 1
- Social work education 1
- Social work with Indians -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1
- Social work with criminals -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1
- Social work with the aged -- United States -- History -- Sources. 1
- American Association of Schools of Social Work 1
- Bogner, Max 1
- Breckinridge, Sophonisba Preston, 1866-1948. 1
- Browning, Grace Alta, 1904- 1
- Davis, Alice Taylor, 1903- 1
- Franklin B. Sandborn 1
- Gurteen, S. Humphreys (Stephen Humphreys Villiers), 1840-1898 1
- Houk, Mary. 1
- Indiana University. Division of Social Service. 1
- Indiana University. Training Course for Social Work. 1
- Lewis, Verl 1
- Richmond, Mary Ellen, 1861-1928. 1
- Wines, Frederick Howard, 1838-1912 1 ∧ less