Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
This collection is intended to accommodate miscellaneous, primary documents related to the October 12, 13, 1918 Cloquet-Moose Lake forest fire and its aftermath when provenance or donor information about the material is unclear or not known.
The collection consists primarily of black and white and color photographs by a photojournalist employed by a Duluth newspaper. The photographs are of the city of Duluth, events, people, as well as the northeast Minnesota area primarily from 1971, 1982-1990s; many are not dated and unidentified.
The collection consists of 1956 articles of incorporation for Duluth Community Chest; a 90 minute interview on cassette tape with 89-year old Glen Merritt on October 26, 1983, about Merritt’s recollections of YMCA’s Camp Miller; and black and white photographs collected by Eldot that may have illustrated his articles in Outlook and Cosmopolitan sections of the newspaper when he was editor.
The collection consists of approximately 1,240 black and white and color slides of Duluth sites, views, events, and activities from 1955-1973.
The collection consists of 12 PTA scrapbooks, a record book with handwritten minutes from 1946-1952, a homemade book of class photos from 1950 with student names, a convention packet from the 1962 Minnesota Congress of Parents and Teachers, and a scrapbook for the Irving school Mothersingers for the years 1948-1955.
The collection consists of photographs of a logger's homestead (1910-1911). The photographs are divided into subjects: women and children, recreation, equipment (log hauler), workers, and camp.
The photographs of this collection were apparently the property of Mr. C. M. Thurston. Subjects shown in the snapshots are: family life, home interiors, Christmas with children, Lincoln Park, buildings – mostly family dwellings, children with pets, mothers and children on the porch, Seattle, Washington, boats in water, C.A. Nichols, Jr. , Adams School, Oneota Cemetery, 21st Ave. W., Oreck’s Wholesale.
- Photographs 7
- Families 6
- Associations, institutions, etc. 5
- Neighborhoods 5
- Animals 4
- Childhood and youth 4
- Educators 4
- Architecture 3
- Automobiles 3
- Business 3
- Duluth (Minn.) 3
- Employees 3
- Finnish Americans 3
- Schools 3
- African Americans 2
- Amusements 2
- Arts 2
- City traffic 2 ∧ less
- English 5
- Undetermined 3
- 1918 Forest Fire 1
- Albright, Ann Colby 1
- Curtis, Charles A., 1936-2002 1
- Duluth News Tribune (Duluth, Minn. : 1892) 1
- Duluth News-Tribune (Duluth, Minn. : 1987) 1
- Duluth Public Schools (Duluth, Minn.) 1
- Duluth Zoo (Duluth, Minn.) 1
- Eldot, Walter and Goldie, 1920-1999 June 30, ?-1992 March 23 1
- Goodsell, Elizabeth J., 1924 November 6-2006 September 2 1
- IWW 1
- Irving Elementary School PTA (Duluth, Minn.), 1894-1982 1
- Irving Mothersingers (Duluth, Minn.) 1
- Kangas, Jussi Knute and Olga Sofie Johansson Kangas Hill, 1896 August 16-1932 1
- Mattson, Charles G, 1882 December 12-1963 June 24 1
- Thurston, C.M. 1
- University of Minnesota, Duluth 1 ∧ less