Showing Collections: 1 - 11 of 11
Papers of Darius Alton Davis, mostly relating to his YMCA career during the 1930s and 1940s, particularly his work with World War II prisoner-of-war camps. The collection also includes personal correspondence between Davis and his wife and their daughter while she was at college.
Subject files comprised of correspondence, reports, minutes, memoranda, and printed material concerning various aspects of YMCA work abroad, especially financial issues, boys' work, and war work.
Ccorrespondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, maps, journal and newspaper articles and other records documenting YMCA work in France, especially youth and publishing work done in France for Russian refugees.
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, maps, journal and newspaper articles and other records of North American YMCA international work in Italy, primarily in Rome.
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, building plans, journal and newspaper articles and other records of the YMCA movement in Albania, Armenia, South Asia, Bangladesh, Belgium, Cambodia, Denmark, Fiji, Finland, Gaza, Guam, Iran, Ireland, Laos, Lithuania, Mariana Islands, Micronesia, Middle East, Moluccas, Norway, Papua New Guinea, Saipan, Samoa, Western Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Scandinavia, Slovakia, Sweden, Syria, Tahiti, and Truk.
Correspondence, reports, financial documents, pamphlets and other records of North American YMCA international work Yugoslavia, primarily of Donald A. Lowrie's efforts in the area of student work in Belgrade
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles and other records concerning the YMCA movement in England. Early records include the development of United Kingdom YMCAs. English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish national council reports and yearbooks, reports and other records from local associations, as well as material related to the YMCA's role during World War I and II make up the bulk of this material.
Correspondence, reports, minutes, proposals, magazines, newspaper and journal articles, financial documents, manuals, pamphlets, yearbooks, program catalogs, building plans, histories and images among other records of the North American YMCA’s work with other organizations, including the YWCA, the White House and other government agencies, colleges, community funds, and social welfare, citizenship, peace work, war work, and group work organizations.
Reports, correspondence, and other records of the World Alliance of YMCAs, a confederation of the national councils of YMCAs from around the world.
Posters, maps, blueprints and other architectural records, artwork, and other oversized paper items.
Minutes, reports, yearbooks, correspondence, and other records of the Canadian YMCA, which until 1912, was governed jointly with the (U.S.) American YMCA under the International Committee of the Young Men's Christian Associations, and continued throughout most of the rest of the 20th century to work closely with the U.S. YMCA in conducting foreign work.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 9
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 7
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Prisoners and prisons 2
- Apartheid. 1
- Belfast (Northern Ireland). 1
- Belgrade (Serbia). 1
- Blueprints. 1
- Canada 1
- Casablanca (Morocco). 1
- Church work with students -- Yugoslavia. 1
- College students -- Serbia -- Belgrade. 1
- England. 1
- Europe, Eastern -- Economic conditions. 1
- Europe, Eastern -- Social conditions. 1
- Europe. 1
- France. 1
- Germans -- England -- London. 1
- Immigrants' writings, Russian -- France. 1 ∧ less
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 6
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 5
- YMCA of the USA 5
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 3
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 3
- Davis, Darius A. 2
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 2
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 2
- Williams, George, 1821-1905 2
- World Alliance of YMCAs. 2
- American Red Cross 1
- Anderson, Paul B., 1894-1985 1
- Aplin, Lawrence E. D. (Lawrence Edgar Denison) 1
- British Boys for British Farms (Scheme). 1
- Brunger, Harry. 1
- Davis , Shirley , 1913-1999 1
- Davis, Maud. 1
- Ford Foundation 1 ∧ less