Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
International work subject files
Subject files comprised of correspondence, reports, minutes, memoranda, and printed material concerning various aspects of YMCA work abroad, especially financial issues, boys' work, and war work.
Records of YMCA work in England and the United Kingdom
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles and other records concerning the YMCA movement in England. Early records include the development of United Kingdom YMCAs. English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish national council reports and yearbooks, reports and other records from local associations, as well as material related to the YMCA's role during World War I and II make up the bulk of this material.
Records of YMCA work with related organizations
Correspondence, reports, minutes, proposals, magazines, newspaper and journal articles, financial documents, manuals, pamphlets, yearbooks, program catalogs, building plans, histories and images among other records of the North American YMCA’s work with other organizations, including the YWCA, the White House and other government agencies, colleges, community funds, and social welfare, citizenship, peace work, war work, and group work organizations.
YMCA Archives flat files collection
Posters, maps, blueprints and other architectural records, artwork, and other oversized paper items.
YMCA Armed Services Department general administrative records
Records documenting the administration of the YMCA's work with the United States armed services from the era of the Civil War through the late 1980s, particularly during the period from the time of the first world war through the Korean war.
YMCA armed services records
Historical data, correspondence, reports, memoranda, articles, newspapers, pamphlets, photographs, scrapbooks, and other records documenting the YMCA's work serving the armed forces community from the time of the Civil War through the present.
YMCA in Canada records
Minutes, reports, yearbooks, correspondence, and other records of the Canadian YMCA, which until 1912, was governed jointly with the (U.S.) American YMCA under the International Committee of the Young Men's Christian Associations, and continued throughout most of the rest of the 20th century to work closely with the U.S. YMCA in conducting foreign work.
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 6
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 6
- Korean War, 1950-1953 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations. 2
- Photographs 2
- Prisoners of war. 2
- Soldiers -- Recreation 2
- Spanish-American War, 1898 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations. 2
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Military life. 2
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Religious life. 2
- United States -- Armed Forces -- Songs and music. 2
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations. 2
- Vietnamese Conflict, 1961-1975 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian Associations. 2
- Belfast (Northern Ireland). 1
- Blueprints. 1
- Canada 1
- England. 1
- Germans -- England -- London. 1
- Ireland 1 + ∧ less
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 5
- YMCA of the USA 4
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 3
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 3
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Army and Navy Dept. 2
- United War Work Campaign, Inc. 2
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee. Army and Navy Dept. 2
- American Red Cross 1
- British Boys for British Farms (Scheme). 1
- George Williams College (Downers Grove, Ill.). 1
- Girl Scouts of the United States of America. 1
- Girls' Service Organization. 1
- Institute of Pacific Relations. 1
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 1
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives, compiler. 1
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 1
- National Assembly of National Voluntary Health and Social Welfare Organizations. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 1
- National Council of Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 1 + ∧ less