Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 141
This collection consists of papers and documents relating to Abe Sperling and his time at North High School in Minneapolis, as well as his time as a Major with the Burma Road Engineers.
This collection consists of correspondence with Alan Rich during World War II as well as photographs and various ephemera.
Zattoni was an antifascist. His papers contain correspondence and newspaper clippings pertaining to his fighting in the Spanish Civil War and to his volunteer work during World War II, when he re-educated captured Italian soldiers. Also included is a file of correspondence referring to the Mazzini Society.
The American Committee for Italian War Relief (St. Paul, Minn.), composed of representatives of Italian American organizations and Catholic churches, was organized to aid war victims in Italy. Records (1943-1948) include minutes; correspondence; articles of incorporation; and newspaper clippings.
The Amos S. Deinard Papers reflects the life of this prominent Minneapolis lawyer, from family papers and newsclippings, to records from organizations he was deeply involved in such as the Minneapolis Federation for Jewish Services and the Minnesota Fair Employment Practices Commission, to a collection of pamphlets and publications documenting his interests in topics such as antisemitism and Zionism.
The collection contains the personal and professional papers of noted public welfare administrator and social work educator, Benjamin E. Youngdahl. Personal correspondents include Harry Truman, Adlai Stevenson, Hubert Humphrey, and John F. Kennedy. Materials documenting Youngdahl's career in the academic and public sectors form the bulk of the collection.
Collection contains the papers of the Bureau of Veterans' Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
Series contains information on exporting, quotas, price controls, labor and the office machine industry throughout World War II. There is also information on the Norden bombsight, which Burroughs produced beginning in 1942.
This collection contains production material for a dozen books by Carolyn Reeder.
Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Records (1946-1953) of the Citizens Committee on Displaced Persons consist of internal records. Included are correspondence, financial records, and minutes. The majority of correspondence is of Nathan W. Levin, who was involved in financial supervision of the Committee.
Records (1925-1975) of the Polish American Czas Publishing Company (Brooklyn, New York) consist chiefly of editorial correspondence and published material. Also included are materials pertaining to Polish World War II war relief efforts.
The collection contains production material for books written by Dale Fife, primarily in the 1970s.
Papers of Darius Alton Davis, mostly relating to his YMCA career during the 1930s and 1940s, particularly his work with World War II prisoner-of-war camps. The collection also includes personal correspondence between Davis and his wife and their daughter while she was at college.
The David Adler Collection contains illustration photocopies and a corrected page proof for one children's book.
This collection consists of the papers of David and Genia Levi, Holocaust survivors who immigrated to the United States in 1950, eventually settling in St. Paul, Minnesota. These papers mostly deal with the Levi's efforts for reparations from the German government.
The collection consists of corrected typescripts, correspondence, and research materials for children's books by Edward Bloor.
Eesti sport Inglise okupatsioonitsoonis Saksamaal ja Inglismaal (Estonian athletics in the English occupation zone, Germany and England) records
Organizational records include correspondence, constitution, minutes and other materials.
Newspaper clippings, lists of diplomatic corps.
Collection contains the papers of the Engineering Bookstore at the University of Minnesota.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945. X
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 41
- Children's Literature Research Collections 30
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 25
- University Archives 16
- Upper Midwest Jewish Archives 16
- Social Welfare History Archives 5
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 5
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 2
- University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections 1 ∧ less
- World War, 1939-1945. 36
- Manuscripts for publication 21
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 21
- Children's literature, American 19
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 19
- Authors, American -- 20th century 18
- Children's stories, American 16
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 16
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction 13
- Picture books 8
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 8
- Estonian 7
- Photographs 7
- Young adult fiction, American 7
- Young adult literature, American 7
- Detective and mystery stories 5
- Displaced persons 5
- Jews -- Minnesota 5
- People with disabilities -- Juvenile fiction 5
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Refugees. 5 ∧ less
- English 95
- Multiple languages 36
- German 6
- Estonian 4
- French 4
- English 2
- Finnish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Lithuanian 1
- Polish 1
- Russian 1
- Ukrainian 1 ∧ less
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 17
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 12
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 11
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 8
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 8
- Coffman, Lotus Delta, 1875-1938 6
- Ford, Guy Stanton, 1873-1962 6
- Coffey, Walter Castella, 1876-1956 5
- YMCA of the USA 5
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 4
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 4
- Anderson, Paul B., 1894-1985 3
- Anderson, William, 1888-1975 3
- Blegen, Theodore Christian, 1891-1969 3
- Davis, Darius A. 3
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978 3
- Lowrie, Donald A. (Donald Alexander), 1889-1974. 3
- Middlebrook, William T. 3
- Morrill, J.L. (James Lewis), 1891-1979 3
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 3 ∧ less