Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 145
Abe Sperling papers
This collection consists of papers and documents relating to Abe Sperling and his time at North High School in Minneapolis, as well as his time as a Major with the Burma Road Engineers.
Alan Rich papers
This collection consists of correspondence with Alan Rich during World War II as well as photographs and various ephemera.
Albino Zattoni papers
Zattoni was an antifascist. His papers contain correspondence and newspaper clippings pertaining to his fighting in the Spanish Civil War and to his volunteer work during World War II, when he re-educated captured Italian soldiers. Also included is a file of correspondence referring to the Mazzini Society.
American Committee for Italian War Relief (St. Paul, Minnesota) records
The American Committee for Italian War Relief (St. Paul, Minn.), composed of representatives of Italian American organizations and Catholic churches, was organized to aid war victims in Italy. Records (1943-1948) include minutes; correspondence; articles of incorporation; and newspaper clippings.
American Committee for Resettlement of Polish Displaced Persons records
American Relief for Poland, District 33 (Chicago, Illinois) records
American Social Health Association Records
Amos S. Deinard papers
The Amos S. Deinard Papers reflects the life of this prominent Minneapolis lawyer, from family papers and newsclippings, to records from organizations he was deeply involved in such as the Minneapolis Federation for Jewish Services and the Minnesota Fair Employment Practices Commission, to a collection of pamphlets and publications documenting his interests in topics such as antisemitism and Zionism.
Antonio Consiglio papers
Arne Halonen papers
Arvid Nelson papers
August Charles Krey Papers
Benjamin E. Youngdahl Papers
The collection contains the personal and professional papers of noted public welfare administrator and social work educator, Benjamin E. Youngdahl. Personal correspondents include Harry Truman, Adlai Stevenson, Hubert Humphrey, and John F. Kennedy. Materials documenting Youngdahl's career in the academic and public sectors form the bulk of the collection.
Bureau of Veterans' Affairs papers
Collection contains the papers of the Bureau of Veterans' Affairs at the University of Minnesota.
Burroughs Corporation records. Burroughs Adding Machine Company World War II era records
Series contains information on exporting, quotas, price controls, labor and the office machine industry throughout World War II. There is also information on the Norden bombsight, which Burroughs produced beginning in 1942.
Carol Ryrie Brink Papers
Carol Ryrie Brink's papers focus on her work as an author of children's and adult books. The collection contains production material for books, one play, short stories, and other related material.
Carolyn Reeder Papers
This collection contains production material for a dozen books by Carolyn Reeder.
Channing Tobias papers
Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Citizens Committee on Displaced Persons records
Records (1946-1953) of the Citizens Committee on Displaced Persons consist of internal records. Included are correspondence, financial records, and minutes. The majority of correspondence is of Nathan W. Levin, who was involved in financial supervision of the Committee.
Czas Publishing Company (Brooklyn, New York) records
Records (1925-1975) of the Polish American Czas Publishing Company (Brooklyn, New York) consist chiefly of editorial correspondence and published material. Also included are materials pertaining to Polish World War II war relief efforts.
Dale Fife Papers
The collection contains production material for books written by Dale Fife, primarily in the 1970s.
Darius A. Davis papers
Papers of Darius Alton Davis, mostly relating to his YMCA career during the 1930s and 1940s, particularly his work with World War II prisoner-of-war camps. The collection also includes personal correspondence between Davis and his wife and their daughter while she was at college.
David Adler Papers
The David Adler Collection contains illustration photocopies and a corrected page proof for one children's book.
David and Genia Levi papers
This collection consists of the papers of David and Genia Levi, Holocaust survivors who immigrated to the United States in 1950, eventually settling in St. Paul, Minnesota. These papers mostly deal with the Levi's efforts for reparations from the German government.
Department of Surgery records
Displaced persons from Estonia records
Edward Bloor papers
The collection consists of corrected typescripts, correspondence, and research materials for children's books by Edward Bloor.
Eesti sport Inglise okupatsioonitsoonis Saksamaal ja Inglismaal (Estonian athletics in the English occupation zone, Germany and England) records
Organizational records include correspondence, constitution, minutes and other materials.
Eesti Vabariigi Saadikud (Estonian Ambassadors) collection
Newspaper clippings, lists of diplomatic corps.
Engineering Bookstore papers
Collection contains the papers of the Engineering Bookstore at the University of Minnesota.
- Subject: World War, 1939-1945. X
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 41
- Children's Literature Research Collections 34
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 25
- University Archives 16
- Upper Midwest Jewish Archives 16
- Social Welfare History Archives 5
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 5
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 2
- University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections 1 + ∧ less
- World War, 1939-1945. 36
- Manuscripts for publication 26
- Children's literature, American 25
- Authors, American -- 20th century 24
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 21
- Children's stories, American 20
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 19
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 16
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction 14
- Young adult fiction, American 10
- Young adult literature, American 10
- Picture books 9
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 8
- Estonian 7
- Photographs 7
- Detective and mystery stories 6
- Short stories 6
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Juvenile fiction 6
- Death -- Juvenile fiction 5
- Displaced persons 5 + ∧ less
- English 99
- Multiple languages 35
- German 6
- Estonian 4
- French 4
- English 3
- Finnish 1
- Greek, Modern (1453-) 1
- Hebrew 1
- Italian 1
- Japanese 1
- Lithuanian 1
- Polish 1
- Russian 1
- Ukrainian 1 + ∧ less
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 17
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 12
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 11
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 8
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 8
- Coffman, Lotus Delta, 1875-1938 6
- Ford, Guy Stanton, 1873-1962 6
- Coffey, Walter Castella, 1876-1956 5
- YMCA of the USA 5
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 4
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 4
- Anderson, Paul B., 1894-1985 3
- Anderson, William, 1888-1975 3
- Blegen, Theodore Christian, 1891-1969 3
- Davis, Darius A. 3
- Humphrey, Hubert H. (Hubert Horatio), 1911-1978 3
- Lowrie, Donald A. (Donald Alexander), 1889-1974 3
- Middlebrook, William T. 3
- Morrill, J.L. (James Lewis), 1891-1979 3
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 3 + ∧ less