Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 296
Adam Shilling files
The Adam Shilling files document the YMCA of the USA's work on impact measurement, training, and leadership development as well as its Activate America and Healthy Living programs. Materials include reports, surveys, frameworks and research, and meeting information.
Adrian Lyon papers
Papers of Adrian Lyon documenting his work at many levels within the YMCA, primarily as chairman of the General Board of the National Council of the YMCA.
Affiliated organization records of the YMCA of Metropolitan Minneapolis
Records documenting the Metropolitan Minneapolis YMCA interactions with various related organizations, including the Ladies Auxiliary, Minneapolis Y Wives, Minneapolis Church Athletic Association (MCAA), and the Y Men's International clubs.
Annual and quarterly reports of YMCA international work in China
Collected reports, primarily quarterly and annual, of North American YMCA foreign secretaries working in various cities in China.
Army YMCA records
The collection includes invoices, pamphlets, program information, leases and other materials involving the two Army YMCA branches at Fort Hamilton and Fort Totten in the 1950s though 1980s.
Bedford YMCA records
Collected materials from the Bedford Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York, located in Brooklyn. Covers early history and founding, focuses on the 1960s and 1970s with special attention to the Board of Managers and vocational training.
Boon Chin Tan files
Files of Boon Chin Tan, documenting her work with the Y-USA International Group as an Asia Area Specialist from the early 2000s on.
Bowery YMCA records
Collected records of the Bowery Branch of the New York YMCA, from its early history to its merger with the YMCA Vocational Service Center in 1945.
Bronx YMCA photographs
Collected photographs from the Bronx branch of the YMCA of Greater New York, primarily exterior and interior building shots and athletic activities, as well as group photos.
Bronx YMCA records
Collected minutes, program brochures, event memorabilia, fundraising and financial records, operations and policy materials, and annual reports, yearbooks, and other publications, from the Bronx branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Brooklyn Central YMCA records
Collected minutes, reports, correspondence, pamphlets, flyers, governing documents, fund raising material, program information and publications primarily from the Brooklyn Central branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Bruce B. Maguire files
Files documenting Bruce Maguire's work with the Student Christian Movement and with students in the YMCA, as well as management training materials.
Butler Street YMCA records
Records of the Butler Street YMCA, which served primarily the African American community of Atlanta from 1894 to 2012.
Carlton Avenue YMCA records
Collected brochures, clippings, branch publications and reports from the Carlton YMCA branch in Brooklyn..
Cathy Adams YMCA management software files
Files of YMCA of the USA staff member Cathy Adams, comprising software tools developed for management tasks in the YMCA movement along with documentation and training materials.
Cephas Brainerd papers
Correspondence, speeches, writings and biographies of Cephas Brainerd, secretary general of the YMCA International Committee from 1867-1892.
Channing Tobias papers
Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Charles K. Ober papers
Papers of Charles Kellogg Ober, documenting his work in the student movement of the YMCA.
Chinatown YMCA records
Includes Board of Managers minutes and brochures from the Chinatown branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Clement "Pete" Duran papers
The collection contains the personal papers and office files of Clement A. Duran, known as Pete Duran, founder of the YMCA's Youth in Government program.
Clifford M. Carey papers
The collection includes reports, surveys, and other materials written and collected by Clifford M. Carey for the National Board of YMCAs, Research and Development Services, National Council, and the Ohio-West Virginia Area Council of YMCAs.
Clifford Petitt papers
Collection contains primarily correspondence of Clifford Petitt with other YMCA leaders and an extensive manuscript autobiography of Clifford Petitt.
Colored Work Department records
Reports, correspondence, publications, and other records of the Colored Work Department and predecessor programs, established as avenues for African American participation in and service to the YMCA.
Coney Island YMCA records
Collection includes Board of Managers minutes.
Cross Island YMCA records
Collected minutes, planning documents, newspaper clippings, brochures, flyers and program announcements from the Cross Island (formerly Eastern Queens) branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
D. Willard Lyon papers
Reports, letters, and related papers of YMCA foreign secretary D. Willard Lyon, concerning his work in China from the late 1890s to the early 1930s.
Dalton McClelland papers
Papers of Dalton McClelland, documenting his work as general secretary in India, special secretary of the YMCA International Committee for North Africa, the Middle East and Asia, as well as representative of the YMCA World Alliance to the United Nations.
Darius A. Davis papers
Papers of Darius Alton Davis, mostly relating to his YMCA career during the 1930s and 1940s, particularly his work with World War II prisoner-of-war camps. The collection also includes personal correspondence between Davis and his wife and their daughter while she was at college.
Denise Berceli files
Presentation slides, project information, data, reports and other records created by Denise Berceli in her role as program specialist for the YMCA of the USA.
Dick Kautz papers
Papers of agricultural industrialist and YMCA Archives patron Richard C. "Dick" Kautz, documenting his volunteer work as chairman of the National Board of the YMCAs United States and for the World Alliance of YMCAs, as well as for the Muscatine, Iowa YMCA.
- Subject: Young Men's Christian associations X
- Collecting Area
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 293
- University Archives 2
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 168
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 99
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 85
- New York (N.Y.) 51
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 42
- Young Men's Christian associations 36
- Photographs 32
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 28
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 21
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) 17
- Young Men's Christian associations -- China 13
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) 10
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis 10
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 10
- African Americans -- Social conditions 9
- Brochures 9
- Minneapolis (Minn.) 9
- Prisoners of war. 9
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Finance 9
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- Brooklyn 9 + ∧ less
- English 270
- Multiple languages 25
- Russian 3
- Arabic 1
- Chinese 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 + ∧ less
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 87
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 57
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 54
- YMCA of the USA 48
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 47
- YMCA of Greater New York. 46
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 28
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 17
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 16
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 14
- Young Men's Christian Association of the City of New York 13
- World Alliance of YMCAs. 12
- United States. Agency for International Development. 9
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 7
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 7
- Young Men's Christian Association of Metropolitan Minneapolis 7
- Young Men's Christian Association of the City of Minneapolis. 7
- Brooklyn Young Men's Christian Association 6
- National Council of the Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 6
- Ober, Charles K. (Charles Kellogg), 1856- 6 + ∧ less