Showing Collections: 61 - 90 of 297
Harold L. Cook papers
Materials about branch building and renovation projects collected by Harold L. Cook during the 1980s.
Harper Sibley papers
Mostly personal materials on Harper Sibley and his wife, Georgiana's 50th anniversary and letters of condolence sent to Georgiana on Harper's death. Also included is correspondence concerning Harper's work with the YMCA.
Harry Brunger papers
Personal and YMCA-related papers of Harry A. Brunger, primarily material associated with his international YMCA work, particularly in Canton, China; Hong Kong; and Lebanon as a fraternal secretary. The bulk of the papers consist of correspondence, reports, memoirs, and extensive background materials, as well as extensive material related to several YMCA-related visits to China during the 1980s and 1990s, including video recordings and slides.
Henry Francis Nachtrieb papers
Collection contains a scrapbook, field notebooks, photographs and general correspondence with colleagues, family and friends of Henry Francis Nachtrieb, professor of animal biology at the University of Minnesota.
Henry M. Orne papers
The collection consists of the correspondence of Henry M. Orne during his years of service as associate and general secretary at the 23rd Street branch (now McBurney branch) of the YMCA of the City of New York.
Henry V. Lione papers
The collection consists of files related to the fund raising work of Henry V. Lione of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Herb Minard papers
The collection includes biographical material, speeches and articles, and correspondence between Herbert L. Minard and other YMCA professionals, mostly dating from the transitional period between his stints in China and Jerusalem, and the months leading up to his retirement in 1973. Also included is information on the Nanking Union Church at which Minard was a Pastor during his time in China.
Herbert Parker Lansdale, Jr. papers
Geneaological material, correspondence, speeches and other largely personal materials from Lansdale's work with the YMCA in the United States and Greece.
Holiday Hills YMCA records
Collected minutes, correspondence, brochures and planning documents from the Holiday Hills branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Intercollegiate YMCA records
Includes minutes, program information, correspondence and reports of the Intercollegiate Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York and its associated university clubs.
International survey reports
Bound typescript reports describing and assessing the state of Young Men's Christian Associations in 29 countries or regions around the world. Survey reports typically include a historical summary of YMCA work in that country and sections on its environment, personnel, membership, administration, finances, and equipment. In addition, most contain additional sections discussing specific programs, challenges, or concerns of the work in that area of the world.
International work building files
Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial records, pamphlets, maps, newspaper articles and other records regarding the building projects of the North American YMCA’s international work division, especially during the post-world war eras, when reconstruction was a major focus of the YMCA's activities.
International work subject files
Subject files comprised of correspondence, reports, minutes, memoranda, and printed material concerning various aspects of YMCA work abroad, especially financial issues, boys' work, and war work.
Interracial programs records
Reports, correspondence, and other records documenting various committees, programs, and conferences intended to monitor and promote the process of integration and the elimination of racial inequality within the YMCA, as well as to identify and address the unmet needs of African American and other non-white people served by the organization.
Jamaica YMCA records
Collected minutes, anniversary programs, newspaper clippings and other documents related to the Jamaica Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
James B. Tompkins papers
The collection includes branch planning materials, handbooks, project reports, conference reports, speeches, financial materials and facilities information collected by James B. Tompkins during the 1970s and 1980s.
James F. Bunting papers
James F. Whyte papers
The collections contains correspondence, reports, memos, staff rosters, program information and other materials collected by James F. Whyte during his tenure as vice president for communications and membership services.
James O. Stephenson papers
Correspondence, memos, reports and planning documents collected by James O. Stephenson while he was director of program services at the YMCA of Greater New York.
James Stokes Society records
[One to two sentence description of the collection.]
James W. McCandless papers
The James W. McCandless papers consists of daily record books, scrapbooks, pamphlets, booklets, reports, and photographs primarily documenting James McCandless's career as a YMCA secretary in Minneapolis, Dayton, and Los Angeles from 1911 to 1946.
Jay Urice papers
Papers of Jay Urice, primarily from his early career with the YMCA, including his reference and research files.
Jesse Alexander papers
Papers documenting the YMCA career of Jesse N. Alexander, Jr., particularly his work in the area of race relations within the movement and his involvement with the National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Staff (BAN-WYS).
John O'Melia papers
Files of John C. O'Melia, documenting his career in the YMCA, particularly International work and his establishment and involvement with the Center for International Management Studies (CIMS).
John R. Mott papers
Papers of John R. Mott, a dominant figure in the YMCA of the early 20th century, documenting, in part, his work with the North American YMCA.
Joseph A. Benitez papers
The collection consists primarily of reports related to branches of the YMCA of Greater New York assembled by Joseph A. Benitez.
K. Brooke Anderson papers
Papers of K. Brooke Anderson documenting his relief work in the Middle East, first with YMCA prisoner of war work and later representing other church organizations with refugees in the Gaza Strip.
Kirby Page China-related papers
A 1916 dissertation written by Page on the history of the YMCA in China and a detailed report on the YMCA movement in China prepared by Page in 1922.
Leo Marsh papers
Papers of Leo Bergman Marsh, YMCA National Board staff member and leader, documenting his career in the YMCA, which spanned the years from 1928 to 1976. The bulk of the papers concern his extensive work promoting improved race relations within the movement.
Linda Wolf Jones papers
The collection includes materials related to Linda Wolf Jones's work as Director of Public Policy at the YMCA of Greater New York that focused on issues involving tax exempt status, housing, and public policy organizations within and outside the Y.
- Subject: Young Men's Christian associations X
- Collecting Area
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 294
- University Archives 2
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 168
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 100
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 85
- New York (N.Y.) 51
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 42
- Young Men's Christian associations 37
- Photographs 33
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 28
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 21
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) 17
- Young Men's Christian associations -- China 14
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 12
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) 10
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis 10
- African Americans -- Social conditions 9
- Brochures 9
- Minneapolis (Minn.) 9
- Prisoners of war. 9
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Finance 9
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- Brooklyn 9 + ∧ less
- English 271
- Multiple languages 25
- Russian 3
- Arabic 1
- Chinese 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 + ∧ less
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 87
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 57
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 54
- YMCA of the USA 49
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 47
- YMCA of Greater New York. 46
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 28
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 17
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 16
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 14
- Young Men's Christian Association of the City of New York 13
- World Alliance of YMCAs. 12
- United States. Agency for International Development. 9
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 7
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 7
- Young Men's Christian Association of Metropolitan Minneapolis 7
- Young Men's Christian Association of the City of Minneapolis. 7
- Brooklyn Young Men's Christian Association 6
- National Council of the Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 6
- Ober, Charles K. (Charles Kellogg), 1856- 6 + ∧ less