Showing Collections: 241 - 270 of 297
Wayne Hanson papers
Material documenting Hanson's career with the YMCA, as well as his work as a professional speaker on international issues. Of particular interest are the journals, which cover his time in Europe working with the Foyers du Soldat during World War I.
West Side YMCA photographs
Collected photographs, mostly black and white, from the West Side Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York. Now located on West 63rd Street, the West Side YMCA has operated a residential program from its opening in 1896 on West 57th Street. Many of the images were taken by commercial photographers such as Herbert-Spencer, Inc., Roy Pinney, Samuel H. Gottsho, Brown Brothers, D. Richard Statile and others.
West Side YMCA records
Collected reports, scrap books, press clippings, printed brochures and cards, minutes and correspondence from the West Side branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
William A. Howes papers
The collection contains the personal papers of William A. Howes, President of the YMCA of Greater New York from 1966 to 1982.
William A. Markell papers
Contains miscellaneous files of William A. Markell, president of the YMCA of Greater New York from 1982 to 1990.
William M. Forbes photograph albums and papers
Photograph albums documenting William M. Forbes's work in Europe as a YMCA physical director from 1919 to 1922 and some miscellaneous photographs, newspaper clippings, and other material related to Forbes's later work with Army and Navy YMCAs in the United States between 1923 and 1949.
William Sloane House YMCA photographs
Collected photographic images from the William Sloane House branch of the YMCA of Greater New York, located on West 34th Street in Manhattan. The bulk of the images are from the early days of the Sloane House in the 1930s and from the WWII era, when the YMCA partnered with the United Service Organizations to provide services to people in the armed forces.
William Sloane House YMCA records
Collected minutes, reports and studies, fund-raising material, program information, and printed material about the William Sloane House YMCA located in New York City and covering the period 1927-1995.
William V. Phillips papers
The collection contains letters written to William (Bill) Phillips upon his retirement; documents concerning his tenure at the YMCA of the Greater Houston Area, the YMCA of Greater Seattle and the Central Florida YMCA; speeches, articles as well as personal correspondence.
Williamsbridge YMCA records
Includes collected minutes, clippings and correspondence from the Williamsbridge branch of the YMCA of the City of New York..
Wirt Wiley papers
Papers, primarily correspondence, documenting Wiley's work with YMCA history, the YMCA retirement fund, evangelical organizations outside of the YMCA and work within the YMCA's National Council, including reorganization.
World Alliance of YMCAs records
Reports, correspondence, and other records of the World Alliance of YMCAs, a confederation of the national councils of YMCAs from around the world.
World War I-related records
Minutes, correspondence, publicity bulletins, training manuals, reports, newspapers, and other records of major YMCA administrative bodies which provided services to the military forces in the United States and abroad during World War I..
YExchange intranet files
Files capturing the appearance and some of the content of the former Y-USA intranet, used by Y-USA to share information and resources across the national YMCA movement.
YMCA Archives flat files collection
Posters, maps, blueprints and other architectural records, artwork, and other oversized paper items.
YMCA Archives memorabilia collection
Artifacts documenting YMCA activities and programs, as well as personal items and memorabilia from selected YMCA leaders.
YMCA Archives postcard collection
Postcards with images of YMCA buildings primarily in the United States published between 1880 and 1970.
YMCA Archives scrapbook collection
Scrapbooks and photo albums created by YMCA staff, volunteers, members, and others documenting various aspects of the YMCA.
YMCA Armed Services Department general administrative records
Records documenting the administration of the YMCA's work with the United States armed services from the era of the Civil War through the late 1980s, particularly during the period from the time of the first world war through the Korean war.
YMCA armed services records
Historical data, correspondence, reports, memoranda, articles, newspapers, pamphlets, photographs, scrapbooks, and other records documenting the YMCA's work serving the armed forces community from the time of the Civil War through the present.
YMCA armed services scrapbooks and photographs
Photo albums, scrapbooks, and photographs documenting YMCA work with the United States Armed Forces, primarily documenting World War I and World War II. The scrapbooks contain some photographs and ephemera, but contain mostly newspaper clippings.
YMCA arts and humanities program records
Records of the Writers' Voice and Writers' Community programs, initiatives of the YMCA's arts and humanities program, including numerous cassette and video tapes of readings and interviews with well-known authors.
YMCA biographical files
Biographical material as well as small collections of personal papers of prominent YMCA of the USA leaders.
YMCA boys and youth work records
Administrative records, including reports, minutes, correspondence, publications, conference proceedings, subject files, and other material of the YMCA's boys' work department, as well as records concerning the YMCA's major youth development programs, including camping, Hi-Y, Youth in Government, Y-Indian Guides, and NYPUM (National Youth Program Using Mini-Bikes).
YMCA convention and annual reports
Bound copies of published annual reports and convention proceedings, primarily for state YMCA conventions, but also includes some annual reports and proceedings for city associations and for national and international conventions.
YMCA educational work records
Records documenting education programs of the YMCA, including material from the Educational Department, the United YMCA Schools, conference centers, such as Silver Bay, New York and Blue Ridge, North Carolina, and programs at the local association level. Materials include course outlines and syllabi, reports, information on local education classes, and papers of department secretaries.
YMCA film bureau records
Pamphlets, flyers, advertising and catalogs that reflect the titles available for distribution from Association Films, formerly known as the YMCA Motion Picture Bureau, as well as reports and correspondence involving the the conversion to sound film, and the use of motion pictures in churches, in teaching, and in camp programs.
YMCA general counsel files
Files documenting legal matters in which the YMCA of the USA was involved, primarily from the mid- to the late-twentieth century. Among the most prominent topics are property, taxation, railroad and transportation YMCAs, and international projects. The records also include some contracts, agreements, and grants.
YMCA Historical Library and Kautz Family YMCA records
Records primarily of the YMCA Historical Library as well as a small amount of material from its subsequent incarnation as the Kautz Family YMCA Archives, including correspondence, cataloging data and classification schemes, lists of holdings, bibliographies, policies and reports, and other documents.
YMCA in Canada records
Minutes, reports, yearbooks, correspondence, and other records of the Canadian YMCA, which until 1912, was governed jointly with the (U.S.) American YMCA under the International Committee of the Young Men's Christian Associations, and continued throughout most of the rest of the 20th century to work closely with the U.S. YMCA in conducting foreign work.
- Subject: Young Men's Christian associations X
- Collecting Area
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 294
- University Archives 2
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 168
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 100
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 85
- New York (N.Y.) 51
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 42
- Young Men's Christian associations 37
- Photographs 33
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 28
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 21
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) 17
- Young Men's Christian associations -- China 14
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 12
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) 10
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis 10
- African Americans -- Social conditions 9
- Brochures 9
- Minneapolis (Minn.) 9
- Prisoners of war. 9
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Finance 9
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- Brooklyn 9 + ∧ less
- English 271
- Multiple languages 25
- Russian 3
- Arabic 1
- Chinese 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1 + ∧ less
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 87
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 57
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 54
- YMCA of the USA 49
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 47
- YMCA of Greater New York. 46
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 28
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 17
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 16
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 14
- Young Men's Christian Association of the City of New York 13
- World Alliance of YMCAs. 12
- United States. Agency for International Development. 9
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 7
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 7
- Young Men's Christian Association of Metropolitan Minneapolis 7
- Young Men's Christian Association of the City of Minneapolis. 7
- Brooklyn Young Men's Christian Association 6
- National Council of the Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 6
- Ober, Charles K. (Charles Kellogg), 1856- 6 + ∧ less