Showing Collections: 1 - 30 of 151
Adam Shilling files
The Adam Shilling files document the YMCA of the USA's work on impact measurement, training, and leadership development as well as its Activate America and Healthy Living programs. Materials include reports, surveys, frameworks and research, and meeting information.
Adrian Lyon papers
Papers of Adrian Lyon documenting his work at many levels within the YMCA, primarily as chairman of the General Board of the National Council of the YMCA.
Annual and quarterly reports of YMCA international work in China
Collected reports, primarily quarterly and annual, of North American YMCA foreign secretaries working in various cities in China.
Bowery YMCA records
Collected records of the Bowery Branch of the New York YMCA, from its early history to its merger with the YMCA Vocational Service Center in 1945.
Brooklyn Central YMCA records
Collected minutes, reports, correspondence, pamphlets, flyers, governing documents, fund raising material, program information and publications primarily from the Brooklyn Central branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Butler Street YMCA records
Records of the Butler Street YMCA, which served primarily the African American community of Atlanta from 1894 to 2012.
Carlton Avenue YMCA records
Collected brochures, clippings, branch publications and reports from the Carlton YMCA branch in Brooklyn..
Cathy Adams YMCA management software files
Files of YMCA of the USA staff member Cathy Adams, comprising software tools developed for management tasks in the YMCA movement along with documentation and training materials.
Channing Tobias papers
Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Charles K. Ober papers
Papers of Charles Kellogg Ober, documenting his work in the student movement of the YMCA.
Clement "Pete" Duran papers
The collection contains the personal papers and office files of Clement A. Duran, known as Pete Duran, founder of the YMCA's Youth in Government program.
Colored Work Department records
Reports, correspondence, publications, and other records of the Colored Work Department and predecessor programs, established as avenues for African American participation in and service to the YMCA.
Coney Island YMCA records
Collection includes Board of Managers minutes.
Cross Island YMCA records
Collected minutes, planning documents, newspaper clippings, brochures, flyers and program announcements from the Cross Island (formerly Eastern Queens) branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Dick Kautz papers
Papers of agricultural industrialist and YMCA Archives patron Richard C. "Dick" Kautz, documenting his volunteer work as chairman of the National Board of the YMCAs United States and for the World Alliance of YMCAs, as well as for the Muscatine, Iowa YMCA.
Eastern District YMCA records
Collected materials from the Eastern District Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York. The collection covers governance, administration, facilities, and the history of this branch.
Edward Arnoldi papers
The collection consists of materials related to the work of Edward Arnoldi, long time staff member of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Ernie Chapman papers
Records documenting Ernie Chapman's lifelong association with the YMCA, especially his work on the board of the Orange County YMCA, the Pacific (Southwest) Area Board, and the National Board, and the World Alliance of YMCAs. Also well-documented are Chapman's involvement with YMCA's Model Legislature and Court / Youth and Government programs and the Armed Services YMCA.
Ethan T. Colton papers
Correspondence, writings, speeches, reports, and memoirs of Ethan T. Colton documenting his life and particularly his work in the YMCA as a Secretary in the Foreign Department from 1918-1925.
Eugene Barnett international visit reports
Bound typescript reports of visits made by Eugene Barnett to various countries around the world as a consultant to their YMCA movements, as reported on to the International Committee (later World Service) of the YMCA in the United States. The reports include many observations of political and social conditions prevalent in those countries at the time, as well as his assessment of the specific challenges and successes for their YMCAs.
Flatbush YMCA records
Collected materials from the Flatbush Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York, located in Brooklyn. This collection consists of governance, public programs, fundraising and development, financial information, and facilities.
Flushing YMCA records
Collected minutes, reports, clippings, program announcements, fundraising material. correspondence and building plans from the Flushing branch of the YMCA of Greater New York.
Frank Kiehne papers
The Frank Kiehne Papers reflect Kiehne's life long involvement in the YMCA from his experience as a youth program director in Chicago in 1947 to his retirement as the Secretary for Refugees and Rehabilitation for the World Alliance of YMCAs in 1990.
François L. Sheats papers
The collection consists of the subject files and correspondence of François L. Sheats, director of public relations for the YMCA of Greater New York from 1957 to 1972.
Gayle J. Lathrop papers
The collection includes reports, event programs, planning materials, studies, reports, minutes, clippings and other materials related to branches and camping collected by Gayle J. Lathrop.
George Jaynes papers
The collection consists of the papers of George A. Jaynes, who served the New York City Y in a variety of administrative and financial positions during his 30-year career.
Gilbert Beaver papers
Correspondence and reports documenting YMCA student work and foreign work, especially in China during the early 20th century.
Governors Island (Army / Fort Jay) YMCA records
Collected correspondence, minutes, brochures and historical material from the Governors Island YMCA..
Greenpoint YMCA records
Includes collected minutes, correspondence, program information, membership data and financial reports of the Greenpoint YMCA.
H. Nevin Gehman papers
The H. Nevin Gehman collection contains studies, proposals, correspondence and reports related primarily to fund raising, collected by H. Nevin Gehman at the YMCA of Greater New York
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 60
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 49
- New York (N.Y.) 29
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 18
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 13
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 11
- African Americans -- Social conditions 8
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Finance 8
- Brochures 7
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) 7
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) 6
- Photographs 6
- Race relations -- Religious aspects 5
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) 4
- Prisoners of war. 4
- Queens (New York, N.Y.) 4
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis 4
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Russia (Federation). 4
- Young Men's Christian associations -- United States 4 + ∧ less
- Russian 3
- Arabic 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 47
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 40
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 37
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 32
- YMCA of Greater New York. 32
- YMCA of the USA 21
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 16
- Mott, John R. (John Raleigh), 1865-1955 11
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 9
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 8
- United States. Agency for International Development. 8
- World Alliance of YMCAs. 7
- Young Men's Christian Association of the City of New York 6
- Brooklyn Young Men's Christian Association 4
- National Council of the Young Men’s Christian Associations of the United States of America. Foreign Division. 4
- Tyler, Daniel Penick. 4
- United Service Organizations (U.S.) 4
- Brainerd, Cephas, 1831-1910 3
- Davis, Darius A. 3
- Dodge, W.E. (William Earl), 1832-1903 3 + ∧ less