Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Abstract Papers of agricultural industrialist and YMCA Archives patron Richard C. "Dick" Kautz, documenting his volunteer work as chairman of the National Board of the YMCAs United States and for the World Alliance of YMCAs, as well as for the Muscatine, Iowa YMCA.
Dates: 1957-2003.; Majority of material found in ( 1968-1980)
Abstract Records documenting Ernie Chapman's lifelong association with the YMCA, especially his work on the board of the Orange County YMCA, the Pacific (Southwest) Area Board, and the National Board, and the World Alliance of YMCAs. Also well-documented are Chapman's involvement with YMCA's Model Legislature and Court / Youth and Government programs and the Armed Services YMCA.
Abstract The Frank Kiehne Papers reflect Kiehne's life long involvement in the YMCA from his experience as a youth program director in Chicago in 1947 to his retirement as the Secretary for Refugees and Rehabilitation for the World Alliance of YMCAs in 1990.
Dates: circa 1940-2010; Majority of material found within ( 1970-1995)
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, and other records of the YMCA movement in Ghana, especially in the area around Accra, and mainly describing various projects that the United States YMCA and other United States assistance groups were helping to fund.
Dates: 1959-1991; Majority of material found within ( 1970s-1980s)
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles and other records of the YMCA movement in Tanzania.
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, journal and newspaper articles and other records concerning the YMCA movement in England. Early records include the development of United Kingdom YMCAs. English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish national council reports and yearbooks, reports and other records from local associations, as well as material related to the YMCA's role during World War I and II make up the bulk of this material.
Dates: 1844-1992; Majority of material found in ( 1870s-1950s)
Abstract Reports, correspondence, and other records of the World Alliance of YMCAs, a confederation of the national councils of YMCAs from around the world.
Dates: 1853-2001; Majority of material found within ( 1880s-1980s)
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 4
- World War, 1939-1945 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 2
- Accra (Ghana). 1
- Apartheid. 1
- Arusha (Tanzania). 1
- Belfast (Northern Ireland). 1
- Dar es Salaam (Tanzania). 1
- England. 1
- Germans -- England -- London. 1
- Ghana. 1
- Ireland 1
- London (England). 1
- Maasai (African people). 1
- Majengo (Tanzania). 1
- Moshi (Tanzania). 1
- Muscatine (Iowa). 1
- Ngara District (Tanzania). 1
- Orange County (Calif.) 1
- Prisoners of war. 1 ∧ less
- YMCA of the USA 4
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 3
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 3
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 2
- Williams, George, 1821-1905. 2
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 2
- British Boys for British Farms (Scheme). 1
- Carlsson, Carol. 1
- Chapman, Irvin C. 1
- Goodwill Industries International. 1
- Kautz, Richard C. 1
- Kiehne, Frank, 1925-2014 1
- Mallya, Jacob G. 1
- Moshi, Stephano R. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Armed Services Dept. 1
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America 1
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States 1
- North American Fellowship of YMCA Retirees. 1 ∧ less