Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Abstract Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Abstract Collected materials from the 125th Street Harlem Branch covering governance, programming, finance. Also includes historical materials from 1855-1922.
Dates: 1855-1922; Majority of material found within ( 1882-1912).
Abstract Collected materials from the African American Harlem Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York. This collection covers governance and public programming with special attention to the Black Achievers program, which honors African Americans who distinguish themselves from their peers in a positive way.
Dates: 1910-2014; Majority of material found within ( 1928-1989)
Abstract Collected photographic images from the Harlem Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York, located on West 135th Street in Manhattan.
Dates: 1940s-1990s.; Majority of material found within ( 1940s-1960s)
- African Americans -- Social conditions 3
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 3
- African Americans -- New York (State) -- New York 2
- Brochures 2
- Race relations -- Religious aspects 2
- African Americans -- Employment 1
- African Americans -- Societies, etc. 1
- African Americans -- Sports 1
- Ephemera 1
- Photographs 1
- World War, 1914-1918 -- War work -- Young Men's Christian associations 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- African Americans. 1
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 1 ∧ less
- Harlem Branch YMCA 2
- Abernathy, Ralph, 1926-1990. 1
- Baker, Walter, photographer. 1
- Campanella, Roy, 1921-. 1
- Chisholm, Shirley, 1924-2005. 1
- Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America 1
- General Education Board (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Hansen, Austin, 1910-1996. 1
- International Harvester Company. 1
- Lindsay, John V. (John Vliet) 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Committee to Abolish the Poll Tax. 1
- National Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States of America. Colored Work Dept. 1
- Phelps-Stokes Fund. 1
- Pryor, Richard 1
- Rangell, Charles 1
- Robinson, Jackie, 1919-1972. 1
- Roosevelt, Eleanor, 1884-1962. 1
- Southern Regional Council. 1
- Sutton, Percy E. 1 ∧ less