Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Abstract Papers of Channing H. Tobias, who served as senior secretary of the YMCA's Colored Work Department from 1924 to 1946, documenting his work in the area of race relations.
Abstract Reports, correspondence, publications, and other records of the Colored Work Department and predecessor programs, established as avenues for African American participation in and service to the YMCA.
Abstract Collected materials from the African American Harlem Branch of the YMCA of Greater New York. This collection covers governance and public programming with special attention to the Black Achievers program, which honors African Americans who distinguish themselves from their peers in a positive way.
Dates: 1910-2014; Majority of material found within ( 1928-1989)
Abstract Reports, correspondence, and other records documenting various committees, programs, and conferences intended to monitor and promote the process of integration and the elimination of racial inequality within the YMCA, as well as to identify and address the unmet needs of African American and other non-white people served by the organization.
Abstract Papers of Leo Bergman Marsh, YMCA National Board staff member and leader, documenting his career in the YMCA, which spanned the years from 1928 to 1976. The bulk of the papers concern his extensive work promoting improved race relations within the movement.
Dates: 1920-1979; Majority of material found in ( 1959-1969).
- African Americans -- Segregation. 3
- African Americans -- Civil rights. 2
- Harlem (New York, N.Y.) 2
- Social work with African Americans. 2
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Employees 2
- Affirmative action programs -- United States. 1
- African American soldiers -- France. 1
- African Americans -- Employment 1
- African Americans -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- African Americans -- Societies, etc. 1
- Brochures 1
- Church work with students. 1
- Civil rights workers. 1
- Discrimination in employment -- United States. 1
- Ephemera 1
- National Consultation on Interracial Work of the YMCA (1954: Columbus, Ohio). 1
- Race discrimination. 1 ∧ less
- Marsh, Leo B. 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 2
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Committee on Interracial Advance. 2
- Tobias, Channing Heggie, 1882-1961 2
- Alexander, Jesse N. 1
- Commission on Interracial Cooperation. 1
- Commission on Interracial Practices and Program. 1
- Federal Council of the Churches of Christ in America 1
- General Education Board (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Harlem Branch YMCA 1
- Hunton, William Alphaeus, 1863-1916 1
- International Harvester Company. 1
- Julius Rosenwald Fund. 1
- Moorland, Jesse Edward, 1863-1940. 1
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. Commission on Interracial Policies and Program. 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. National Board Chairman's Committee on Interracial Advance. 1
- National Committee to Abolish the Poll Tax. 1
- National Conference of Black and Non-White YMCA Laymen and Staff 1
- National Conference on the Christian Way of Life (U.S.). Interracial Commission. 1 ∧ less