Showing Collections: 1 - 24 of 24
Correspondence of Albina Luczkow Meciszewski of Buffalo and Rochester, New York, born in 1882 in Krasne, Galicia (today in Poland).
Armstrong family papers, including documentation on Polish American communities in Minneapolis and Wisconsin.
Papers consist of a diary. Volumes II-VI concern his activities in Minnesota and elsewhere in the Midwest.
This collection consists of immigration paperwork and a scrapbook related to a Yiddish theater troupe in a German displaced persons camp after the end of World War II.
Papers of Kowalski, a prominent leader of the East Coast Polish American community, include materials pertaining to the Association of the Sons of Poland, the Polish American Congress, the Pulaski Association, Inc., the Jozef Pilsudski Institute of America, and miscellany. Included are pamphlets, photographs, postcards, newspaper clippings, and brochures.
The Maia Wojciechowska papers contain materials related to the author's published and unpublished works, as well as general correspondence and personal documents.
Photos, newspaper articles, correspondence, and other material relating to Melania Nesterowicz, author and editor.
This collection consists of organizational administrative records documenting over 80 years of existence of the Minneapolis-based Polish American women's club.
Records (1901-1918) of the Polish Library Society (Minneapolis, Minn.) consist of two bound volumes. Included are a book of financial records with lists of library members from various local Polish National Alliance of U.S. of N.A. lodges and a book labeled "Minute book of Polish Library of Minneapolis" containing minutes and correspondence of the Citizens Committee and Recruiting Centre No. 20 (Minneapolis). The Library minutes are of regular meetings of the Library Committee.
Records comprise financial records, minutes, inventories, and membership records of the organization.
Records (1914-1918) of the Polish National Alliance of U.S. of N.A., Council 23, Chicago, Illinois, consist of minutes of sessions, including those of the organizing session, and lists of officers and members. Includes records of Chicago Lodge No. 1820.
Records (1937-1974, inclusive; 1937-1954, bulk) of the Polish national Alliance Home (Minneapolis, Minn.) consist of minutes of regular, annual, and special meetings of the board of directors. The board was made up of members of various local PNA lodges and the PNA Commercial Club.
Records of the Polish National Alliance in Minneapolis, Minnesota, include materials pertaining to Council 12 and 20, local Lodges 22, 1033, 1042, and 1530. Included are meeting minutes, ledgers of contributors' names, financial reports, membership lists, and financial ledgers.
Polish Roman Catholic Union, Saint Jacob Apostle Society, Lodge No. 445 (Minneapolis and St. Paul) records
Records (1919-1941) of the Polish Roman Catholic Union, Saint Jacob Apostle Society, Lodge No. 445, Saint Paul, Minnesota, consist of a minute book of regular, semiannual, and annual meetings.
Records (1915-1920) of the Polish Roman Catholic Union, Saint Joseph Society, Lodge No. 893 (Saint Paul, Minn.), organized in 1915, consist of a minute book of monthly meetings.
Records of Polish Union of America, Inc., Chapter #2 (St. Paul, Minn.) consist of three membership dues books.
Collection consists of one scrapbook containing newspaper clippings mostly from Polish American newspapers in Detroit, letters, pamphlets and newsletters. Most items features information about Robert Wojcinski (b. 1896), a long-time lawyer in Detroit (1920-1970).
The Church of Saint Adalbert used to be an important center of Polish American cultural activities in the Twin Cities Area. The collection consists of the parish anniversary publications, ledgers, financial and other parish related records.
Papers (1939-1940) of Valeria Leszczynska consist of three scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings from Dziennik dla Wszystkich (Buffalo, NY). The clippings pertain to the war in Poland.
The Puntus papers (0.5 linear ft., ca. 1930-1990) consist of correspondence, official documents of various organizations, photographs, periodical clippings, posters and memorabilia related to Belarus and the Belarusian-American community.
Collection consists of documentation pertaining to the Kaszuby region in Poland, Kaszubian culture, and on emigration from the region to the United States and Canada.
- Language: Polish X
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 22
- Upper Midwest Jewish Archives 1
- Children's Literature Research Collections 1
- Polish National Alliance of the United States of North America 5
- Polish Americans -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul -- Societies, etc. 4
- Friendly societies -- Minnesota -- Saint Paul 3
- Polish 3
- Polish Americans -- Minnesota -- Minneapolis -- Societies, etc. 2
- African American girls -- Juvenile fiction 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, Polish -- 20th century 1
- Belarusian Americans -- Societies, etc. 1
- Belarusian Radio Programme "Nyoman." 1
- Belarusians -- Chicago -- History. 1
- Belarusians -- United States -- History. 1
- Catholic Church -- Clergy 1
- Catholic Church -- Illinois -- Chicago -- Missions 1
- Catholic fiction -- Juvenile fiction 1
- Child abuse -- Juvenile fiction 1
- Children's literature, American 1
- College teachers 1
- Community life 1
- Cooking, Polish 1 + ∧ less
- English 14
- German 3
- Belarusian 1
- Latin 1
- Russian 1
- American Council of Polish Cultural Clubs 1
- Belarusian Orthodox Church. 1
- Belarusian-American Coordinating Committee of Chicago. 1
- Burandt, August. 1
- Dziamidau, General Mikola. 1
- Iskrytski, Fr. Michael. 1
- Leszczynska, Valeria. 1
- Polanie Club (Minneapolis, Minn.) 1
- Polish Roman Catholic Union. Saint Jacob Apostle Society, Lodge No. 445 (Saint Paul, Minn.) 1
- Polish Roman Catholic Union. Saint Joseph Society, Lodge No. 893 (Saint Paul, Minn.) 1
- Polish Union of America, Inc. Chapter #2 (Saint Paul, Minn.). 1
- Puntus, Vasil 1
- Radzilowski, John 1
- Wojciechowska, Maia, 1927-2002 1 + ∧ less