Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Papers of Father Bertrand Kotnik papers (1913-2009) consist of correspondence, parish jubilee books, programs, and sheet music.
Records (1953-1963) of the Slovenian American newspaper Glas Naroda include correspondence, subscriber lists, and editorial material. Also included is correspondence pertaining to Anna Pracek Krasna's book selling business, and letters to publishing houses in Slovenia.
Papers (1934-1935) of Slovenian American artist Harvey Prushek include correspondence and prints.
Records consist of minutes of the Society's meetings, playbills, souvenir booklets, and a souvenir album.
Papers (1908-) of editor John Jerich (1894-1973) consist of correspondence, photographs, publications, newspaper clippings, enlistment records, and certificates.
Hand-written and typed transcripts and translations into English of meeting minutes of the Jugoslav National Home which was incorporated on September 1, 1919 in Ely, Minnesota.
Records (1894-1924) of Kranjsko-Slovenska Katoliska Jednota (Grand Carnolian Slovenian Catholic Union) consist of Board of Directors' minutes (1894-1895) and a 30th anniversary publication (1924).
Papers (1945-1963) of Mary Golobitsch, a Slovenian immigrant from Joliet, Illinois, whose husband Anton operated a grocery store, consist of letters to and from her niece, Ana Sklandar in Yugoslavia. Many of the letters describe the life of Slovenian immigrants in America.
Records (1906-1907) of Mother of Sorrows Church (Cleveland, Ohio) include baptism; marriage; and death registers. Also included is the baptism register (1893-1921) for St. Vitus Church (Cleveland, Ohio).
Records (1915-1917) of the Slovenian Library, Ely, Minn., consist of Board of Directors' minutes.
Records (1908-1918) of the Slovenska Delavska Podporna Zveza (Slavic Workers' Benefit Federation (Conemaugh, Pennsylvania) consist of minutes of meetings of the organizational leadership.
Sheet music performed by society.
Records (1912-1913) of Slovenska Sirotisnica in Sanitarij (Slovenian Orphanage and Sanatorium), Chicago, Illinois, consist of minutes. The minutes document the temporary alliance of many Slovenian American organizations to raise money to build an orphanage and/or hospital to serve Slovene immigrants.
Slovensko Podporno Drustvo (Slovene Benefit Society) "Sv. Barbara" (Forest City, Pennsylvania) records
Records (1904-1917) of Slovensko Podporno Drustvo "Sv. Barbara" (Slovene Benefit Society "St. Barbara")(Forest Hills, Pennsylvania) consist of minutes. The organization was a smaller benefit society organized by coal miners and other coal field workers in western and central Pennsylvania."Saint Barbara" locals were common among Slovene coal miners at this time. The society appears to have merged with the Slovene National Benefit Society after 1917.
Records (1905-1950) of Sv. Lovrenc and Sv. Mihel (St. Lawrence and St. Michael) Churches (Dolenjsko, Slovenia) consist of parish chronicles and surveys of emigrants from the Sv. Mihel parish.
Papers (1894-1937) of Wenceslau Sholar, a Slovenian immigrant priest, consist of letters written to his brother in Slovenia. The letters describe the early years of Slovene settlement in Illinois and Minnesota, where Sholar served.
Records (1922-1949) of the Jugoslovansko Republicansko Zdruzenje (Yugoslav Republican Alliance), Chicago, Illinois, include correspondence, financial records, and other internal records. Correspondents include Ljudska Tiskarna.
- Language: Slovenian X
- Slovene Americans -- Societies, etc. 4
- Slovene Americans. 4
- Slovenian 3
- Priests. 2
- Slovene American newspapers. 2
- Slovene American press. 2
- Slovene Americans -- Illinois -- Joliet. 2
- Booksellers and bookselling. 1
- Catholic Church -- Clergy -- Correspondence -- Minnesota. 1
- Church records and registers -- Ohio -- Cleveland. 1
- Church records and registers -- Yugoslavia -- Dolenjsko. 1
- Coal miners -- Pennsylvania -- Forest Hills. 1
- Croatian Americans. 1
- Editors. 1
- Ethnic press 1
- Folk songs, Slovenian. 1
- Friendly societies -- Pennsylvania -- Forest Hills. 1
- Insurance, Fraternal 1
- Insurance, fraternal -- Pennsylvania -- Conemaugh. 1
- Libraries -- Minnesota -- Ely. 1 ∧ less
- English 3
- Latin 1
- Golobitsch, Mary. 1
- Jerich, John, 1894-1973. 1
- Jugoslovanska Socialisticna Zveza (Jugoslav Socialist Federation) (Chicago, Ill.) 1
- Jugoslovanski Republicansko Zdruzenje (Yugoslav Republican Alliance) (Chicago, Illinois). 1
- Kotnik, Bertrand, 1913- 1
- Kranjsko-Slovenska Katoliska Jednota (Grand Carnolian Slovenian Catholic Union). 1
- Mother of Sorrows Church (Cleveland, Ohio). 1
- Prushek, Harvey. 1
- Sholar, Wenceslau. 1
- Slovenian Library (Ely, Minn.) 1
- Slovenic National Choral Society 1
- Slovenska Delavska Podporna Zveza (Slavic Workers' Benefit Federation) (Conemaugh, Pa.). 1
- Slovenska Narodna Podporna Jednota (Slovene National Benefit Society) (Chicago, Ill.). 1
- Slovenska Sirotisnica in Sanitarij (Slovenian Orphanage and Sanitarium)(Chicago, Illinois). 1
- Slovensko Podporno Drustvo "Sv. Barbara" (Slovene Benefit Society "St. Barbara") (Forest Hills, Pa.). 1
- Sv. Lovrenc and Sv. Mihel Churches (Dolenjsko, Slovenia). 1 ∧ less