Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Abstract This manuscript collection contains correspondence and papers related to the Jesuit missions in Mexico and South America (concentrated in the Rio de la Plata region) in the early modern period. Manuscripts in Spanish, 2 in Latin.
Abstract This collection contains typescripts and illustrations for children's books and other publications written and illustrated by Christina Rodriguez.
Dates: 2003 - 2010
Convento y Hospital de Santa Toribio de Refugio de Incurables de la Religión Bethlehemitica de la Ciudad de Lima records
Abstract The folio is an account book of the Convento y Hospital de Santa Toribio de Refugio de Incurables de la Religión Bethlehemitica de la Ciudad de Lima, beginning in 1723 and ending in 1793. The records contain monthly totals of accounts payable and receivable, and details of monies received from rents and benefactions. Also included are records of patients (often indigent, among them present and former enslaved persons), the length of their stays, and the cost of their treatment and maintenance....
Dates: September, 1723-June 10, 1793
Abstract Certificates, clippings.
Abstract The Gallego collection contains personal correspondence between Manuel Gallego, Secretary to the viceroy of the Rio de la Plata, and his family members, friends, and business associates. The majority of the letters are addressed to Gallego from his personal and commercial contacts in Spain. The collection also contains documents relating to Gallego’s involvement in the slave trade, his commercial affairs, and his death. Appended to the collection are a number of miscellaneous documents from the...
Abstract The collection contains manuscipt material for one title by Marianna B. Prieto, published under the name Anina Roa.
Dates: 1962 - 1981
Abstract Correspondence, minutes, reports, financial documents, pamphlets, maps, journal and newspaper articles and other records documenting YMCA international work in Mexico, especially Mexico City, Monterrey, Torreon, Tijuana, Chihuahua and Cuauhtemoc. Also mentioned are the impediments to the development process in Mexico, such as financial difficulties, labor conflicts, loss of property and National conflicts including the 1911 Mexican Revolution and the Mexican Civil War which followed.
Found in: Kautz Family YMCA Archives
Scope and Contents This collection of materials documents the life of Cuban immigrant René Valdes, a linguist, activist, writer, and long-term HIV/AIDS survivor. Materials are either dated between 1980-2018 or are undated. Highlights from the collection include: scripts and photographs of a play that René performed at Patrick’s Cabaret about his experience at a refugee camp located in Fort McCoy; journals that René wrote in spanning over 30 years; photographs depicting René with his lover Bruce Brockway and his...
Dates: 1980 - 2018
Abstract The collection contains six bound volumes of manuscript materials from eighteenth and early nineteenth century Peru. The folios pertain to the administration of the Viceroyalty of Peru between 1734 and 1812. Records of royal taxation, the royal tobacco monopoly, and royal oversight of imports and exports are included in the collection.
- Language: Spanish; Castilian X
- Collecting Area
- James Ford Bell Library 4
- Kerlan Collection of Children's Literature 2
- Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies 1
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 1
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 1
- Manuscripts, Spanish - Specimens 4
- Children's literature, American 2
- Children's stories, American 2
- Latin America -- History 2
- Manuscripts for publication 2
- Picture books 2
- Spanish language materials -- Bilingual 2
- Adventure stories 1
- Animals -- Juvenile fiction 1
- Arequipa (Peru) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Argentina—Commerce—18th Century 1
- Argentina—Commerce—19th Century 1
- Argentina—History—To 1810—Sources 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 21st century 1
- Buenos Aires (Argentina)—History—18th Century—Sources 1
- Buenos Aires (Argentina)—History—19th Century—Sources 1
- Catholic Church -- Bethlemite Order -- History 1
- Chihuahua (Mexico). 1
- Children's literature -- Illustrations 1 ∧ less
- English 3
- German 2
- Italian 2
- English 1
- Esperanto 1
- Babcock, George Ira 1
- Convento y Hospital de Santa Toribio de Refugio de Incurables de la Religión Bethlehemitica de la Ciudad de Lima 1
- Gallego y Valcarcel, Manuel 1
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 1
- Jesuits – Missions – Mexico – History – Sources 1
- Jesuits – Missions – South America – History – Sources 1
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 1
- Peru (Viceroyalty) 1
- Prieto, Mariana Beeching de 1
- Reedy, Taylor. 1
- Rodriguez, Christina, 1981- 1
- Society of Jesus (Jesuits) 1
- Taylor, Walter Clyde. 1
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 1
- Young Men's Christian Association (Mexico City, Mexico). 1
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 1 ∧ less