Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Identifier: Accession number MB9782
Abstract This manuscript collection contains correspondence and papers related to the Jesuit missions in Mexico and South America (concentrated in the Rio de la Plata region) in the early modern period. Manuscripts in Spanish, 2 in Latin.
Identifier: JFBell 1815 oCa
Abstract The collection pertains to several claims to a land grant that was supposedly made to Jonathan Carver by two Naudowessie Indian chiefs in 1767. The land grant was located on the east side of the Mississippi River between the Fall of St. Anthony and Lake Pepin’s south end, extending far into present-day Wisconsin. Claims upon this land were disputed well into the nineteenth century. These papers center on claims made by Robert McLenehan and others in 1815-16.
Convento y Hospital de Santa Toribio de Refugio de Incurables de la Religión Bethlehemitica de la Ciudad de Lima records
Abstract The folio is an account book of the Convento y Hospital de Santa Toribio de Refugio de Incurables de la Religión Bethlehemitica de la Ciudad de Lima, beginning in 1723 and ending in 1793. The records contain monthly totals of accounts payable and receivable, and details of monies received from rents and benefactions. Also included are records of patients (often indigent, among them present and former enslaved persons), the length of their stays, and the cost of their treatment and maintenance....
Dates: September, 1723-June 10, 1793
Dates: 1660 - 1670
Dates: Digitized: 2012 - 2016
Abstract The collection contains eleven bound volumes of manuscript materials dating from the eighteenth century, the early nineteenth century, the Wars of Independence (ca. 1812-1824), and into the initial years of the Republic of Peru. The folios contain the letter books and account books of the Peruvian mercantile house of Izcue y Arias, and an account book of Izcue y Arias business asociate Dr. José Vidal. A separate account of cargo and passengers aboard the ship Divina Pastora, ca. 1799, which...
Identifier: Accession #-MB9376
Abstract Written in French, Latin, and Italian, these 10 manuscript items include documents concerned with Chinese philosophy, science, history, and political circumstances, as well to Jesuit affairs in China.
Abstract [One to two sentence description of the collection.]
Abstract The Gallego collection contains personal correspondence between Manuel Gallego, Secretary to the viceroy of the Rio de la Plata, and his family members, friends, and business associates. The majority of the letters are addressed to Gallego from his personal and commercial contacts in Spain. The collection also contains documents relating to Gallego’s involvement in the slave trade, his commercial affairs, and his death. Appended to the collection are a number of miscellaneous documents from the...
Identifier: (Call #1732 fIr)
Abstract This collection consists of the correspondence and administrative documents of Charles Irvine (1693-1771), a supercargo in employ with the Swedish East India Company, a trade company based in Gothenburg, Sweden conducting trade with the Far East during the 18th century.
Dates: 1698-1830; Majority of material found within 1730s-1770s
Abstract The De Mey van Streefkerk papers archive comprises a collection of about 390 items, including letters, books, correspondence, reports, memoranda, etc. relating to the family’s sugar plantations in Surinam (Dutch Guiana).
Abstract The collection contains six bound volumes of manuscript materials from eighteenth and early nineteenth century Peru. The folios pertain to the administration of the Viceroyalty of Peru between 1734 and 1812. Records of royal taxation, the royal tobacco monopoly, and royal oversight of imports and exports are included in the collection.
Abstract The collection of manuscripts and printed documents contains records of the private and commercial affairs of citizens of the village of Horche, Spain, between the late 17th and late 19th centuries.
Dates: circa 1690-1890
- Collecting Area: James Ford Bell Library X
- Manuscripts, Spanish - Specimens 6
- Latin America -- History 3
- Manuscripts, English -- Specimens 2
- Manuscripts, Latin – Specimens 2
- Arequipa (Peru) -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Argentina—Commerce—18th Century 1
- Argentina—Commerce—19th Century 1
- Argentina—History—To 1810—Sources 1
- Asia -- Commerce -- Sweden -- History -- 18th century -- Sources 1
- Basques -- Peru -- History 1
- Buenos Aires (Argentina)—History—18th Century—Sources 1
- Buenos Aires (Argentina)—History—19th Century—Sources 1
- Catholic Church -- Bethlemite Order -- History 1
- China – History – 18th century – Sources 1
- Dakota Indians 1
- Guiana – Commerce – Netherlands – History – Sources 1
- Indian land transfers – United States. 1
- Indians of South America – History – Sources 1
- Land titles — Minnesota. 1
- Land titles — Wisconsin. 1 ∧ less
- English 5
- Multiple languages 3
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- French 1
- sv 1 ∧ less
- Society of Jesus (Jesuits) 2
- Carver, Jonathan, 1710-1780. 1
- Convento y Hospital de Santa Toribio de Refugio de Incurables de la Religión Bethlehemitica de la Ciudad de Lima 1
- De Mey van Streefkerk family 1
- Gallego y Valcarcel, Manuel 1
- Irvine, Charles. 1693-1771 1
- Izcue y Arias (Firm) 1
- Jacobij, Marcellius 1
- Jesuits – Missions – China – History – 18th century – Sources 1
- Jesuits – Missions – Mexico – History – Sources 1
- Jesuits – Missions – South America – History – Sources 1
- McLenehan, Robert 1
- Peru (Viceroyalty) 1
- Residents of Horche, Spain 1
- Rose, James. active 1743-1769 1
- Svenska ostindiska kompaniet 1
- Swedish East India Company 1 ∧ less