Showing Collections: 31 - 60 of 5980
Overview This collection consists of original art and manuscript materials related to five titles illustrated by Adam Rex.
Content Description The Adam Shilling files document the YMCA of the USA's work on impact measurement, training, and leadership development as well as its Activate America and Healthy Living programs. Materials include reports, surveys, frameworks and research, and meeting information.
Overview Personal documentation, passports, certificates from displaced persons camps in Germany, materials pertaining to Estonian American cultural activities in New York.
Identifier: CBI 172
Overview The Association of Data Processing Service Organizations (ADAPSO) records document the organization's administration and activities, as well as its involvement in issues affecting member companies, such as antitrust, open network architecture, and software protection and copyright.
Found in: Charles Babbage Institute Archives
Overview This collection consists of administrative material relating to Adas Israel Congregation.
Found in: Upper Midwest Jewish Archives
Overview This collection contains the administrative records of the Adath Jeshurun Congregation in Minneapolis, Minnesota from 1884 to 2014. Adath Jeshurun is the first Conservative congregation west of the Mississippi River. B’nai Emet Synagogue of Minneapolis, Minnesota merged with Adath Jeshurun in 2011, and its records are included in this collection as well.
Found in: Upper Midwest Jewish Archives
Overview Collection contains production materials for one title by Adelaide Holl.
Overview Correspondence personal and business, journals, publicity, financial records, materials related to the production of EV's cartoons, EV's artwork and photographs.
Overview The collection contains a pencil sketch of Wanda Gag and 5 black & white lithographs.
Overview Papers of Adrian Lyon documenting his work at many levels within the YMCA, primarily as chairman of the General Board of the National Council of the YMCA.
Overview The collection contains a color sample sheet, watercolor jacket layout, and original watercolor and crayon drawings with manuscript text, for 1 title.
Overview The collection contains written material for works authored by Adrien Stoutenburg, including titles she wrote in collaboration with Laura Nelson Baker.
Overview Adrienne Adams' collection focuses on her work as an illustrator of children's picture books. The collection includes illustrations, studies, artist's dummies, text proof paste ups, and portions of a galley. The material is organized by title.
Overview Collection contains the records of the Advisory Architect of the University of Minnesota, including subject and building files.
Found in: University Archives
Identifier: SW 111
Overview Contains administrative records, such as board meeting minutes, policy statements, financial records, production files, subscription materials, editorial files, and general correspondence.
Overview Records documenting the Metropolitan Minneapolis YMCA interactions with various related organizations, including the Ladies Auxiliary, Minneapolis Y Wives, Minneapolis Church Athletic Association (MCAA), and the Y Men's International clubs.
Overview The records reflect organized labor's efforts to increase membership involvement in such community health, welfare, and recreation programs as blood banks, counselling and referral services, or strike assistance. The collection includes incomplete material from predecessor agencies: the AFL's Labor League for Human Rights and the CIO War Relief Committee, later renamed the National CIO Community Services Committee. Also included are correspondence, a reference manual, director's reports,...
Abstract Collection includes correspondence, manuscripts, proofs, and other documentation of nine books published by Afton Historical Society Press (now known as Afton Press).
Found in: Upper Midwest Literary Archives
Overview Graphic artist, copperplate printing-pref., wood block printing, painter, engraver, art teacher, illustrator Biographical data, documents, medical reports, correspondence, newspaper and magazine clippings, copies from sketches, slides, lists of graphic art, sketch, catalogs, periodicals, programs, poster, sketch book
Overview The Allen Collection contains both illustrative and written production material from three titles between the years 1949 and 1967, including corrected typescripts, notes, and black and white ink illustrations.
Identifier: SW 217
Overview Correspondence between Agnes Brown Leach, a Survey Associates board member, and Paul Kellogg, editor of the Survey.
Overview The Aileen Fisher papers contains written production material for several titles written by Fisher, as well as clippings and correspondence related to her career as a writer and poet for children.
Overview Two copies of the play "Misiska" by Aili R. Bell in Finnish and in English (translated by Richard A. Impola). The play, depicting the immigration and remigration of a Finnish woman, is set in Rock Springs, WY in 1908 and in Savo, Finland in the 1930s.
Overview Jarvenpa's papers include, among a variety of other documents, manuscript drafts of her translations, correspondence, articles, notes on Finnish Americana, and her journals.
Overview Was affiliated with the Korp! Filiae Patri organization, collection consists of extensive correspondence with various Estonian organizations, no personal information
Overview Collection contains Finnish folk song books and books on Finnish composers and music, sheet music by Jean Sibelius, Selim Palmgren, Yrjo Kilpinen, and miscellaneous composers, manuscript facsimiles of songs from Musiikin Tiedotuskeskus, folk songs by various composers (e.g. Ilmari Hannikainen, Toivo Kuula, Erkki Melartin, and Aapo Simila), chorals, and sheet music for kantele and piano.
Overview Correspondence, documents related to receiving pension from Germany.
Overview Includes recordings of Aina Swan Cutler's work set to music on audio cassette.
Found in: Performing Arts Archives
Overview Collection contains compact disks and records of the music of Heikki Sarmanto, her principal collaborator (on his New Hope Jazz Mass and New England Images, among other works). Also sheet music, music manuscripts and scores, song books, annotated concert programs, and correspondence with a Finnish publisher regarding translation of lyrics.
- Collecting Area
- Children's Literature Research Collections 1725
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 1547
- University Archives 837
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 355
- Social Welfare History Archives 282
- Northwest Architectural Archives 263
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 252
- Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies 205
- Performing Arts Archives 189
- Upper Midwest Jewish Archives 151
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 111
- Special Collections and Rare Books 28
- Givens Collection of African American Literature 22
- James Ford Bell Library 13 ∧ less
- Authors, American -- 20th century 249
- Children's literature, American 234
- Estonian 214
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 152
- Children's stories, American 139
- Displaced persons 124
- Manuscripts for publication 98
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Buildings 96
- Young Men's Christian associations -- New York (State) -- New York 83
- Community life 81
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction 69
- Drawings (visual works) 67
- Religious life 64
- Picture books 62
- Jews -- Minnesota 61
- Families -- Juvenile fiction 53
- Political activity 52
- New York (N.Y.) 51
- Italian Americans -- Societies, etc. 46
- watercolors (paintings) 45 ∧ less
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 78
- Burroughs Corporation 75
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 52
- Burroughs Corporation. 51
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 48
- YMCA of Greater New York. 44
- YMCA of the USA 36
- Kerlan, Irvin, 1912-1963 32
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division. 30
- University of Minnesota 29
- Control Data Corporation 28
- Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra 27
- Burroughs Adding Machine Company. 23
- University of Minnesota. Medical School 20
- Control Data Corporation. 18
- Minnesota Orchestra 18
- Coffman, Lotus Delta, 1875-1938 16
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 16
- Jewish Historical Society of the Upper Midwest 15
- Bly, Robert 14 ∧ less