Showing Collections: 7681 - 7710 of 8187
Collection contains page proofs, front matter, clippings, typescripts, correspondence and research materials for children's books by Valerie Worth.
Materials pertaining to elections in Estonia in 1992-1999. Included are newspaper articles, lists of candidates, and campaign publicity.
Records (1893-1968) of the Valontuote Temperance Society, Virginia, Minn., consist of by-laws; constitutions; correspondence; membershipo books; and minutes. The Nuori Suomi Temperance Society was merged with the Valontuote Temperance Society in 1905.
Materials pertaining to Estonian lutherans abroad.
The collection contains: biographical information, certificates, awards, miscellaneous, 1906-39; photographs 1904, ca. 1912; scrapbook 1911-23, news clippings—Finnish Relief Fund, 1939-40; publications about Duluth and Minnesota, 1912-22; articles by Van Cleef in magazines and newspapers, 1914-69; articles about and of interest to Van Cleef, 1919-70; research interests, 1920-1961; information on Finnish Rya rugs, 1923-25
Church and society bulletins.
The collection consists of one 90 minute audiocassette tape oral history interview narrated by a resident of the Duluth neighborhood Morgan Park.
Collected brochures, programs, governing documents, minutes and reports from the Vanderbilt Branch YMCA and other railroad branches.
The Puntus papers (0.5 linear ft., ca. 1930-1990) consist of correspondence, official documents of various organizations, photographs, periodical clippings, posters and memorabilia related to Belarus and the Belarusian-American community.
Papers (1939-1972) of Ukrainian American ballet master and film producer Vasyl (or Wasyl) Avramenko (1895- ) comprise programs, flyers, and pictures of his activities in the United States and Canada.
Papers (1924-1973) of Grendzha-Dons'kyi (1897-1974), a writer and poet from Carpatho-Ukraine, include biographical material, poetry, prose, and correspondence with his daughter, Alice (Grendza-Donska) Danyluk of Minneapolis, Minnesota. Also included are translations of his works into Ukrainian. Portions restricted.
The Vaughn Bornet papers document his activities with the American Heart Association.
Personal documents, newspaper clippings, materials pertaining to Boy Scout, architecture, postal stamps collecting, scholbooks, exercise books, schoolwork, correspondence about ESTO, accounting papers.
Correspondence between Vello Karuks and legislators in the US Congress about Estonian political prisoners in USSR. Newspaper clippings pertaining to Estonian American issues from the Seattle, WA, area.
Papers of Velma (Hakkila) Doby (1923-2019) consist of materials on Finnish Americans and Finnish American life. Included are newspaper clippings concerning Finnish American scholars and also articles written by e.g. Michael Karni and Carl Ross; clippings concerning Finntowns, notorious Finnish Americans and Finnish Americans in general. Collection contains Velma Doby's thesis including her English translation of an autobiography by the Finnish American poet Helmi Mattson.
Velma Ilsley contributed illustrative materials for 23 titles, including studies, illustrations, and other production materials for jackets, end papers, title pages, and text illustrations.
Collection contains materials documenting the career of Minnesota-based musician and performance artist Venus DeMars.
Collection contains illustrations, cover proofs, sketch pads, typescripts and notes for two children's books.
The collection consists of original art for nine titles including ink and ink and tempera illustrations.
The material in this collection consists of correspondence, clippings, notes, photographs, research material, figurines, toys, and other miscellaneous items.
The collection contains a corrected typescript for one title by Vera Kelsey.
One reproduction of a photograph depicting members of a citizenship class in Crosby, Minnesota, taken on November 19, 1938. The names, predominantly Croatian, are included at the bottom of the photo. There are 16 participants (12 women +4 men) and the teacher, Miss Reed, in the picture.
The collection contains one colored illustration for a book dust jacket.
Vera Stetkevicz Stangl was the daughter of Svoboda editor Joseph Stetkevicz. Papers (1910-1972) include musical scores, two of which are hymns dedicated to Ukrainian Americans (1913), music by Stanyslav Liudkevych (1879- ), patterns of Ukrainian embroideries, photographs including those of opera singer Solomea Krushelnytska and Joseph Stetkevicz, and miscellaneous print material.
Collection contains an watercolor dummies for two children's books.
The collections consists of two stock certificates for one share each at $50 per share. The certificates were issued by the Vermilion Falls Gold Mining Company of St. Paul, Minnesota, to Willam P. Farrell on Feburary 9, 1867.
Records (1937-1954) of the Vermillion Range Cooperative Park Association (Ely, Minn.) consist of correspondence; financial records; and minutes of the society. The Association was incorporated in 1932 for the purpose of providing a park with buildings and picnic facilities for the recreational use of its members. The Association was disbanded in 1955 and the park parceled up and sold.
The collection contains typescripts, proofs, notes and clippings for children's books written by Verna Aardema.
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 1909
- Children's Literature Research Collections 1765
- University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections 1509
- University Archives 851
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 357
- Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies 339
- Social Welfare History Archives 295
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 293
- Northwest Architectural Archives 273
- Performing Arts Archives 202
- Upper Midwest Jewish Archives 197
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 117
- Special Collections and Rare Books 39
- Givens Collection of African American Literature 24
- James Ford Bell Library 15
- University of Minnesota Crookston Archive 1
- Law Library Archives, Stefan A. Riesenfeld Rare Books Research Center 1 + ∧ less
- Children's literature, American 844
- Authors, American -- 20th century 738
- Manuscripts for publication 714
- Children's stories, American 577
- University of Minnesota Duluth 465
- Photographs 434
- Illustrators -- United States 385
- Picture books 382
- Children's literature -- Illustrations 374
- Duluth (Minn.) 363
- University of Minnesota, Duluth 358
- Illustration of books -- 20th century 326
- Drawings (visual works) 295
- Administrative records 266
- Estonian 214
- Correspondence 207
- Newspaper clippings 200
- Minutes 186
- watercolors (paintings) 175
- Young Men's Christian associations -- Administration 167 + ∧ less
- English 5894
- English 936
- Multiple languages 919
- Estonian 170
- Ukrainian 135
- Finnish 94
- Undetermined 53
- Italian 41
- Russian 39
- German 37
- Latvian 35
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 25
- Polish 24
- Hungarian 20
- Slovenian 20
- Yiddish 19
- French 13
- Czech 12
- Spanish; Castilian 12
- Hebrew 11 + ∧ less
- University of Minnesota Duluth 363
- Burroughs Corporation 99
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 88
- Kerlan, Irvin, 1912-1963 78
- University of Minnesota, Duluth Branch 59
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 56
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 54
- Duluth State Teachers College 49
- YMCA of the USA 48
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 46
- YMCA of Greater New York. 46
- University of Minnesota 41
- Burroughs Adding Machine Company 36
- Control Data Corporation 32
- Duluth Public Schools (Duluth, Minn.) 31
- Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra 31
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 28
- University of Minnesota, Duluth 28
- University of Minnesota. Medical School 27
- Minnesota Orchestra 23 + ∧ less