Showing Collections: 8161 - 8190 of 8280
Women’s Studies Department. Office Records
The collection contains office records from the UMD Women's Studies Department from 1981 to 1988.
Women’s Studies records
Collection contains the papers of the Department of Women's Studies at the University of Minnesota.
Women’s Studies. Women’s Advisory Board and Women’s Coordinating Committee
The file contains materials from the UMD Women's Studies program's Women's Advisory Board and Women's Coordinating Committee from 1982 to 1983.
Womyn’s Braille Press Records
The Womyn’s Braille Press records include the operational documents, newsletters, and correspondence of the Womyn’s Braille Press organization.
Woodland Hills Home records
The collection contains A Study of the Feasibility of Establishing a Self Dependent Living Skills Program, prepared for Woodland Hills Home by Burt Galaway, and related documents including correspondence and subsequent reports on establishing a self-dependent living skills program.
Albert Woolson papers
The collection contains correspondence, birthday cards and telegrams, articles, awards, a copy of Woolson's discharge papers, poems and songs dedicated to Woolson, and news clippings,1928-1958.
Work People’s College (Duluth, Minnesota) records
Records (1904-1962) of the Work People's College (Tyovaen Opisto), Duluth, Minnesota, contain correspondence, financial records, stock certificates, student club minutes, student rosters, and lists of and photocopies of proletarian plays. The College was founded to serve the educational needs of Finnish American Socialists and later, members of the Industrial Workers of the World. It was dissolved in 1952.
Work People's College records
The collection consists exclusively of photographs of students, staff, and faculty of the college.
Workers’ Publishing Company (Duluth, Minnesota) records
Records (1915-1975) of the Worker's Publishing Company (Duluth, Minnesota), publisher of the Finnish language newspaper "Industrialisti," contain correspondence, financial records, and office files. Also included are items relating to the Work People's College (Duluth, Minnesota) and the Finnish American Athletic Club.
Workingmen’s Sick Benevolent and Educational Federation (Avenel, New Jersey) records
Records (1924-1942) of the Workingmen's Sick Benevolent and Educational Federation (I.W.O. Hungarian Section, Branch 116), Avenel, N.J., a labor-oriented Hungarian American society, consist of minutes and financial records.
World Affairs Committee records
The collection consists of a small amount of material gathered by one committee member. It consists primarily of lists of people proposed by others who might be interested in pursuing the idea of a World Affairs Center in Duluth, and notices to those individuals from John Sundstrom, Human Development Coordinator for Duluth Community Education, regarding meetings and the status of activity.
World Alliance of YMCAs records
Reports, correspondence, and other records of the World Alliance of YMCAs, a confederation of the national councils of YMCAs from around the world.
World Association of Estonians (Ulemaailmne Eesti Kesknoukogu - UEKN) records
World-wide Estonian central council. Collection consists of ledgers, minutes, correspondence, various documentation about Estonians in the United States, membership records.
World Leisure Organization records
The records of the World Leisure Organization documents the meetings of the board of directors, executive committee, and annual meetings.
World Refugee Year, Duluth Committee records
The collection contains meeting minutes, letters and pamphlets.
World War I-related records
Minutes, correspondence, publicity bulletins, training manuals, reports, newspapers, and other records of major YMCA administrative bodies which provided services to the military forces in the United States and abroad during World War I..
World War II Civilian Mobilization scrapbooks
The collection consists of two scrapbooks solely containing news clippings covering anti-sabotage programs, commodity rationing, test blackouts, division of city into district, air raid precautions, and other subjects concering home front activities in Duluth, Minnesota during World War II.
World War II photograph collection
The collection contains photographs relating to World War II from photo services and the files of the St. Paul Dispatch. The photographs had been part of the newspaper's collection.
World War Materials (Miscellaneous)
Collection contains recruiting and promotional materials, cartoons, pamphlets, and posters from the United States, France, England, and other countries from the two World Wars plus some German identity papers and other miscellaneous items from that time period.
World War One Pamphlet Collection (SCRB Collection 111)
World War Poster collection
Posters are from World Wars I and II and the German election of 1932. War posters are from U.S., Britain, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Latin America, and Scandinavia. Subjects include recruiting, war bond sales, food conservation, civil defense and many other topics.
Worth G. Read Travel Diary
The collection comprises a detailed story of a vacation automobile trip, July 27, 1928 to August 31, 1928 in a car furnished by Fred. E. Hess. The travelogue was written by Worth G. Read and George H. Hess, Jr.
William Earl and Mary H. Wright family papers
The collection contains contractors’ bids and papers about installation of furnishings presumably for the new home, as well as other miscellaneous household papers.
Writing for the Social Sciences course records
The collection is the product of classroom assignments by undergraduate students in the Writing for the Social Sciences courses from 1990-1993.
W.W. Denslow papers
Contains miscellaneous art (tempera, ink, watercolor, one dummy) for 4 titles
Wylly Folk St. John Papers
Contains drafts and proofs for one children's book written by Wylly Folk St. John.
X. J. Kennedy Papers
The collection contains written production material related to juvenile works by X. J. Kennedy.
Yakiv Maksymovych Zozula papers
Papers (ca. 1964) of Yakiv Maksymovych Zozula (b. 1893) include stamps of the Fond Ukrainsk'koi Politekhniky and a typescript of his paper entitled "Dr. Mykhailo Briashchaiko Na Soimi Karpats'koi Ukrainy". The typescript paper commemorates the 25th anniversary of Carpatho-Ukraine, especially remembering March 15, 1939 at the Soin (parliament) of Carpatho-Ukraine and Dr. Mykhailo Briashchaiko's participation.
Yar Slavutych papers
Papers (1965-1975) of Yar Slavutych (1918- ) consist of programs and unpublished articles concerning Ukrainians in Canada.
Yaroslav J. Chyz papers
Papers (1929-1958) of Yaroslav Chyz (1894-1958), an authority on American nationality groups and the history of immigration, particularly of Ukrainians, consist of correspondence; newspaper clippings; reports; photographs; and writings. Included is a taped interview with Edward R. Murrow.
- Collecting Area
- Immigration History Research Center Archives 1911
- Children's Literature Research Collections 1768
- University of Minnesota Duluth Archives and Special Collections 1556
- University Archives 854
- Charles Babbage Institute Archives 357
- Jean Nickolaus Tretter Collection in GLBT Studies 356
- Social Welfare History Archives 295
- Kautz Family YMCA Archives 294
- Northwest Architectural Archives 274
- Performing Arts Archives 202
- Upper Midwest Jewish Archives 199
- Upper Midwest Literary Archives 117
- Special Collections and Rare Books 40
- Givens Collection of African American Literature 24
- Law Library Archives, Stefan A. Riesenfeld Rare Books Research Center 17
- James Ford Bell Library 15
- University of Minnesota Crookston Archive 1 + ∧ less
- Children's literature, American 873
- Authors, American -- 20th century 763
- Manuscripts for publication 746
- Children's stories, American 603
- University of Minnesota Duluth 511
- Photographs 439
- University of Minnesota, Duluth 397
- Illustrators -- United States 396
- Picture books 395
- Children's literature -- Illustrations 387
- Duluth (Minn.) 365
- Illustration of books -- 20th century 336
- Drawings (visual works) 304
- Administrative records 292
- Estonian 214
- Correspondence 211
- Newspaper clippings 200
- Minutes 186
- watercolors (paintings) 181
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction 172 + ∧ less
- English 5991
- English 938
- Multiple languages 915
- Estonian 171
- Ukrainian 137
- Finnish 94
- Undetermined 53
- Italian 43
- Russian 39
- German 38
- Latvian 35
- Polish 25
- No linguistic content; Not applicable 25
- Hungarian 20
- Slovenian 20
- Yiddish 19
- French 14
- Spanish; Castilian 13
- Czech 12
- Hebrew 12 + ∧ less
- University of Minnesota Duluth 389
- Burroughs Corporation 99
- Young Men's Christian Associations of North America. International Committee 88
- Kerlan, Irvin, 1912-1963 84
- University of Minnesota, Duluth Branch 61
- International Committee of YMCAs. World Service. 57
- YMCA of the USA. International Division. 54
- Duluth State Teachers College 50
- YMCA of the USA 49
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. International Division 47
- YMCA of Greater New York. 46
- University of Minnesota 41
- Burroughs Adding Machine Company 36
- Control Data Corporation 32
- Duluth Public Schools (Duluth, Minn.) 31
- Minneapolis Symphony Orchestra 30
- National Board of the Young Men's Christian Associations. 28
- University of Minnesota, Duluth 28
- University of Minnesota. Medical School 27
- Minnesota Orchestra 23 + ∧ less