Found in 63 Collections and/or Records:
One brief tape, recorded when Dagmar Westin Michler was 78 years old.
This collection is intended to accommodate miscellaneous, primary documents related to the October 12, 13, 1918 Cloquet-Moose Lake forest fire and its aftermath when provenance or donor information about the material is unclear or not known.
The collection consists of color and black and white photographs of the interior and exterior of the Old Main building on the lower campus of the University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD).
The collection contains architects' drawings and specifications for buildings. Almost all the plans are for structures in northeastern Minnesota, with some plans by local architects for buildings in other areas.
The Baldwin Flats are located at 711 – 715 West Second Street, Duluth, Minnesota, built in 1891 – 92. The thirteen prints comprising this collection were copied from a photograph album loaned to the St. Louis County Historical Society, the copy prints and negatives were then transferred to the NEMHC. The prints show the exterior and interior of the building.
The collection contains a school district bond, 1905, contracts governing construction of the schoolhouse, 1906, school censuses, 1911-1915 and 1918, and a student classification register, 1916, from Bear River School in Morcom Township, Minnesota.
The collection contains two typewritten notebooks, 1911–1924, and a dismantled photograph collection album, 1914–1922, all pertaining to the Mesaba Railway Company.
The collection consists of five Bradley Building Company land titles from 1889-1907 and 1920-1960.
The collection consists of two record books for the years 1954-1967 and 1968-1973. The volumes contain handwritten minutes of P.T.A. meetings, budgets, and tables which include teachers' names, room numbers, and grades taught.
The collection consists primarily of black and white and color photographs by a photojournalist employed by a Duluth newspaper. The photographs are of the city of Duluth, events, people, as well as the northeast Minnesota area primarily from 1971, 1982-1990s; many are not dated and unidentified.
The collection consists of a committee member’s file of materials compiled as part of the work of the preservation committee’s efforts to spearhead community interest and creativity in keeping Central standing.
A newscast video of the Cook Home the day it was closed.
The collection consists of information gathered by William Coventry for his book Duluth's Age of Brownstone.
The collection consists of District Court exhibit photographs filed in the Clerk of Court’s office between 1911 and 1917 approximately. The photographs appear to be accident scenes or locations of accidents/incidents in Chisholm, Virginia, Biwabik, and Gilbert, MN.
The collection consists of a four page report and one page cover letter, both dated April 1, 1966, and 26 black and white silver gelatin, 8x10, photographs. The photographs are of blocks and buildings between Michigan Street and Second Street, Mesabi Avenue to Third Ave. East.
The collection consists of the field data gathered to constitute a survey and organized into the Final Report. This data consists of detailed information on buildings, sites and other cultural resources in the Duluth community.
The collection consists of one poster, 1979, that depicts the home of Mr. D. Clint Prescott, and three walking tour guides, circa 1993, for downtown Duluth, Minnesota structures and East End residences.
The collection consists of original and copy prints and negatives of Duluth, buildings, sites, views, parks, and development of the area.
The collection consists of seven photographs.
The collection holds: Articles of Incorporation with amendments June 1933, September 1947; By-laws 1943, September 4, 1947, December 31, 1957; purchase agreement by General Waterworks Corporation of Delaware, 1962; Financial records 1932-1958; Reincorporation under Minnesota Laws; Stockholders 1933, 1956, 1962; Reports to city of Duluth 1942-1979; Minutes volume 1929-1933 and 1942-1957
Black and white snapshots of Duluth street scenes, traffic, city buses, trucks, first street, downtown Duluth in winter, pedestrians, cars, buildings, children, Superior street, Woolworths, banks, store window displays, Railroad street, steam plant, etc. Some of these unidentified images have times of day noted: they may be court records.
The collection contains payroll books, 1892-1900; general journal vouchers for repairs, stock dividends, insurance supplies and sundries, 1892-1894; correspondence regarding normal business activities and train accident reports, 1933-1947; and a 1921 lease. The collection also includes architectural specifications for the building, and payroll records, and casualty reports.
The collection consists of two PTA scrapbooks for the years 1949-1950 and 1960-1961.
The collection consists of 1956 articles of incorporation for Duluth Community Chest; a 90 minute interview on cassette tape with 89-year old Glen Merritt on October 26, 1983, about Merritt’s recollections of YMCA’s Camp Miller; and black and white photographs collected by Eldot that may have illustrated his articles in Outlook and Cosmopolitan sections of the newspaper when he was editor.
The Duluth, Missabe and Iron Range Railway depot, the Endion Station, located at 1504 South Street, Duluth, was relocated in the summer of 1986 to the area of waterfront development called the Corner of the Lake. This video is the raw footage of the relocation of the building from its original site to the Corner of the Lake area near Canal Park.
The collection consists of 16 photographs of homes in Duluth and five undated, color elevation drawings of four residences and the Peoples Bank.
The photographs document the utility and power plants of a variety of Duluth, Minnesota and Iron Range (Virginia, Hibbing, Ely) city buildings and schools. Other Minnesota and South Dakota city buildings are also documented. Some of the photographs are by professional Duluth photographer Hugh McKenzie.
The collection consists of identified and unidentified photographs of the Duluth area, with and without corresponding negatives, negatives without corresponding prints and post cards.
The collection consists of photograph albums from various photographers and collectors.
The collection contains two clerk's ledgers, 1879-1908, 1908-1912; photocopied census records, 1858-1905; photocopied school census, 1934, 1938; miscellaneous financial records, a list of qualified electors, 1938; a summary of votes of primary elections, 1936, and School Board minutes related to the fire and subsequent rebuilding of School #2, 1925-1926, and a photograph of the Gnesen Community Center, 1981.