Volunteer workers in hospitals
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Mount Sinai Hospital opened in 1951 as a facility conceived and supported financially by Jewish donors in an effort to provide a place for Jewish physicians who were denied admitting privileges in other city hospitals. An auxiliary group primarily made up of women from the Jewish communities around the Twin Cities provided support through volunteering, publicity, and fundraising to aid the missions of the hospital.
The collection contains committee meeting minutes, membership, newspaper clippings, awards, treasury reports and correspondence for the Sandstone Hospital Co-Ordinating Committee.