Found in 152 Collections and/or Records:
This collection is intended to accommodate miscellaneous, primary documents related to the October 12, 13, 1918 Cloquet-Moose Lake forest fire and its aftermath when provenance or donor information about the material is unclear or not known.
The collection consists of one 60 minute audiocassette tape. Subjects include Morgan Park.
The collection contains promotional materials, pamphlets, correspondence and lists from the Minnesota Committee of the American Historical Association Endowment.
The collection consists of minutes from the first meeting, June 6, 1966, to meeting twenty-five, June 12, 1973; bits of correspondence; memos; copies of the standards used; and a list of committee members.
The Baldwin Flats are located at 711 – 715 West Second Street, Duluth, Minnesota, built in 1891 – 92. The thirteen prints comprising this collection were copied from a photograph album loaned to the St. Louis County Historical Society, the copy prints and negatives were then transferred to the NEMHC. The prints show the exterior and interior of the building.
The collection contains minutes, constitution and by-laws, financial records, membership lists, and correspondence from 1930-1980. Club concerns and focuses include: utility problems, local celebrations, health issues, other community clubs, schools, and combating communism.
The collection contains a record book of court cases of this Superior, Wisconsin, attorney who was a partner in the firm of Bright and Hayes.
The collection consists of a letter written by Bullen to J. Bardon.
The collection contains photographs of Duluth, primarily West Duluth, gathered from a variety of sources.
The collection consists of business advertising cards of firms which either conducted business, or were located, in the Duluth, Minnesota area.
The collection consists of one audiocassette tape of an oral history interview about life in Morgan Park.
The collection consists of photographs by Caswell & Davy. The photographs are of Superior Street from 1st or 2nd Avenue West, looking east up the hill and down toward the water; also, there is a photograph of the steamer "Arizona" from 1868.
The collection contains census counts of Carlton and Lake Counties, Minnesota; the towns of Duluth, Fond du Lac and Grand Portage, Minnesota; and the township of Oneota, Minnesota for June 1, 1865. The census schedules include names. These materials are copies typed from the original in 1924 by the St. Louis County Historical Society.
The materials in this collection concern disputed claims regarding land in present day downtown Duluth, Minnesota that was initially granted to the Ojibwe Chief Buffalo.
The collection contains records of Clyde Iron Company (1889), Northwestern Supply Company (1899), Northwestern Manufacturing Company (1899), Clyde Iron Works, Cleveland Duluth Company, Inc. (1920), Willamette Clyde Company (Oregon, 1923), Cleveland Duluth Holding Company of Minnesota (1926) and Clyde Iron Works Sales Company (renamed Clyde Sales Company) the sole distributor for Clyde Iron Works. There are no records of the Clyde Equipment Company.
Scrapbooks of the commissioner of finance, E.W. Lund, during Lund’s term of office in the administration of Duluth mayor Edward H. Hatch. Newspaper clippings pertain to the office of the commissioner of finance, or finance department, which reflects the financial health of the city of Duluth.
A newscast video of the Cook Home the day it was closed.
The collection consists of two letters to Mary P. Cory. One, dated June 1, 1893 is from Harry Cruikshank. The other, dated May 28, 1903 is written on City of Duluth, comptroller office stationary, it is most likely from George Cruikshank, then Assistant City Comptroller for Duluth, Minnesota.
The collection contains a typed diary, scrapbooks, photographs, and miscellany.
The collection consists of information gathered by William Coventry for his book Duluth's Age of Brownstone.
The collection consists of a typed transcription of a diary compiled by William Cowell. It includes a description of a trip from Quebec to Duluth-Superior.
The collection contains correspondence, awards and certificates, lawyers' case records, news clippings, photographs, and manuscripts on local history. The collection also includes one photograph alubm of snap shots and post card photographs.
The collection contains correspondence pertaining to Davis' business, investments and personal interests.
The collection consists of one videotape. Bob Baldwin of the local chapter of the NAACP officiated at the dedication and arranged for the proceedings to be taped. The video, entitled Deterred but not Defeated, contains a documentary filmed at Park Hill Cemetery where stones were placed to acknowledge the victims of the 1920 lynchings in Duluth.
Photographs taken in various Duluth locations for use as court exhibits. Some of the copies have case file numbers and most have names of Clerk of Court and photographers.
The collection contains the articles of incorporation of the Minnesota State Automobile Association, by-laws of the Duluth Club, safety information, meeting programs and newsletters.
The collection consists of the Commission's files incuding: application to the American Revolution Bicentennial Commission to become a bicentennial city, articles of incorporation and by-laws, financial records, correspondence, manuscripts on local history that were published in the book Duluth: Sketches of the Past, project files by month, Voyageurs Canoe Trip reenactment files, news clippings, brochures and programs, photographs, and proposals.
The collection consists of audiocassette recordings of four individuals discussing their lives and businesses in Duluth, Minnesota. The discussions were recorded in 1975.
The collection consists of oral history interviews and research materials on the history of giving birth in Duluth, Minnesota.
The Duluth Board of Trade records include information about the functioning of the Board of Trade from its inception in 1881 to the dissolution of the company in 1972.